Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 30th January 2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
[FONT="Arial"]Mike - you're only aware because it has been reported in the media.
You're absolutely right Andrew. That's why I am aware of it. (Apart from seeing a couple with my own eyes as well) and to be fair, I was stuck on the tarmac in AKL in a B767 last February for 3 hours or so while they changed some fuel valve or similar, but it didn't make the media. (I think I mentioned it on the Board at the time)

Why then, are the media seemingly picking on the 330 and in particular JQ?
Old 30th January 2010, 07:35 AM

Mike, a very small amount of thought would have made this quite obvious.

Your 763 was stuck on the tarmac for 3 hours.

The A330 was stuck for 2 days!

There are plenty of 3 hour delays in both SYD and AKL just about every day, nothing new.
Old 1st February 2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickN View Post
Mike, a very small amount of thought would have made this quite obvious.

Your 763 was stuck on the tarmac for 3 hours.

The A330 was stuck for 2 days!

There are plenty of 3 hour delays in both SYD and AKL just about every day, nothing new.
Mate, I cut you some slack to show I had an open mind and you react with this derogatory comment?

Of course it goes much deeper than one 767 in Auckland and one 330 in Bangkok or wherever. Face it, the 330 is slapped together in a hurry and doesn't it show! The reason the media is all over them is because of just that. Couple that with JQ's cut-corner maintainence (actually insert whatever for the word maintainence and the same result i.e. service) and the picture becomes more clear.

I'm a silver FF with QF but I seriously will not use my points on a flight (Gold Coast for example) if JQ is the carrier, as is the case for my family and myself this April. It's DJ all the way out of my sky rocket.
Old 1st February 2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Face it, the 330 is slapped together in a hurry and doesn't it show!
Quote:
Couple that with JQ's cut-corner maintainence
You have a background with Airbus and their construction line I assume in order to comment about the time it takes to assemble an A330? And a job at JQ in the maintenance department too?

Did you get your information on the alleged lack of JQ maintenance from someone who works there? Or your information about the "slap-hazard" A330 construction from an Airbus source?

From being a regular spotter at Sydney my eyes tell me there is a huge amount of A330 movements each and every day both -200's and -300's all of which seem to have no assembly issues and which rarely seem to experience delays due to the supposed "swift" construction method you speak of.

You might also want to consider that perhaps airbus have refined their assembly process to increase the speed and efficiency with which they can have an airframe ready for service and that the speed of construction is really not tied in any way to the quality of the aircraft.

Can you produce figures contrasting Boeing construction times to those at Airbus?
Old 1st February 2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
Face it, the 330 is slapped together in a hurry and doesn't it show! The reason the media is all over them is because of just that. Couple that with JQ's cut-corner maintainence (actually insert whatever for the word maintainence and the same result i.e. service) and the picture becomes more clear.
So you are both an Airbus AND Jetstar hater?

This JQ 330 'discussion' isn't going anywhere productive..
Closed Thread