Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th May 2010, 05:03 PM

Default Jetstar sale

Just took advantage of the recent Jestar sale, buy one and the other person flies free, 2 for 1 basically. We are going to Japan via the Gold Coast (A321 Domestic then A330 international). Has anyone flown this route before? Do the bags get checked straight through to Japan from Sydney? and also concerned that if my domestic flight gets delayed I will miss the main leg. Been watching alot of that airline show. And on return do you clear customs on the Gold Coast or back in Sydney. Thanks
Old 7th May 2010, 05:42 PM

Hi,

I've only done the A330 section of this flight, so can't comment on that stuff but check in early at Sydney and try to get an at airport upgrade to star class. Its $200-$250 per person, but totally worth it!

You can't do the at airport upgrade in Japan though. Tried that, and it is impossible!

Still, I think JQ long haul do a pretty good job!
Old 7th May 2010, 06:22 PM

Booked 4 seats on the original 'Friend for free sale for $1900 rtn for OOL-KIX, and now find that with Jetstar's new sale, the OOL-KIX fares are cheaper! Now $1670 rtn! And you don't have to fly in pairs!

Not Happy!
Old 7th May 2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torin Wilson View Post
Hi,

I've only done the A330 section of this flight, so can't comment on that stuff but check in early at Sydney and try to get an at airport upgrade to star class. Its $200-$250 per person, but totally worth it!

You can't do the at airport upgrade in Japan though. Tried that, and it is impossible!

Still, I think JQ long haul do a pretty good job!
Thanks for the info Torin. Flown Jetstar to Japan before, but thats when they flew direct out of Sydney, and yes I thought it was a pleasant flight and you get what you pay for. I did not think the flight was any different to a Qantas ( A330) flight I had taken before that. Jetstar was so much cheaper though.

I was not aware of that airport upgrade. I will ask when I check in. Thanks again.
Old 7th May 2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony C View Post
Booked 4 seats on the original 'Friend for free sale for $1900 rtn for OOL-KIX, and now find that with Jetstar's new sale, the OOL-KIX fares are cheaper! Now $1670 rtn! And you don't have to fly in pairs!

Not Happy!
Wow I would think 4 tickets at $1900 was good, now $1670. Is that the same sale that ended on the 6th May.
Old 7th May 2010, 08:37 PM

Different sale by the looks of it. There was no banner to click, just searched via the normal page. Single tickets can be purchased by the looks of it.

Dirt cheap still!