Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st July 2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Russell, out of curiosity going by your signature, you going for your GFPT or PPL now? I'm slowly chipping away at a GFPT over on the Southern side of the aerodrome.
Hey Maikha, yeah I'm only up to GFPT since I'm doing it part-time due to uni commitments. I'll be sitting the BAK exam in a week or so, and hopefully get the GFPT flight test out of the way as well before uni begins. Otherwise, it will be another long wait until end of November during the uni summer break

All the best though with your training. I'm guessing you are part-time as well??

Oh and also, if you are lucky by "the Beach" or "Shep's mound", you might see VH-DHE departing from 16R in the mid-afternoon of a Saturday/Sunday. I've seen it a number of times departing around the 3pm-ish mark from 16R on a Saturday's spotting
Old 1st July 2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell D View Post
Hey Maikha, yeah I'm only up to GFPT since I'm doing it part-time due to uni commitments. I'll be sitting the BAK exam in a week or so, and hopefully get the GFPT flight test out of the way as well before uni begins. Otherwise, it will be another long wait until end of November during the uni summer break

All the best though with your training. I'm guessing you are part-time as well??
Part-time as well... didn't have the funds while I was at Uni to do it, and now that I work full-time, I have the funds, just little of the time... but hey, can't have it all can I?

Quote:
Oh and also, if you are lucky by "the Beach" or "Shep's mound", you might see VH-DHE departing from 16R in the mid-afternoon of a Saturday/Sunday. I've seen it a number of times departing around the 3pm-ish mark from 16R on a Saturday's spotting
Thanks! Will keep this in mind for future weekends.

On my way out to YSBK to practice some EFATOs now. Looking outside....

....it's a good day to fly!
Old 1st July 2010, 09:51 PM

No problem. But sad to hear the 727 will be leaving our skies in the near future.

Yeah last few days have been great for flying here is Sydney. I've got my next flight on Saturday noon. Will be my first time at the controls in 18 weeks!! Definitely gonna be dusting a few cobwebs.

Do you usually fly any particular aircraft Maikha?? That way in future I can always keep and eye and ear out for the plane/callsign. I'm always in VH-UAK (green and white C152).

Cheers

Last edited by Russell D; 1st July 2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake...whooops >_<
Old 1st July 2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Do you usually fly any particular aircraft Maikha?? That way in future I can always keep and eye and ear out for the plane/callsign. I'm always in VH-UAK (green and white C152).
I fly over at Whitworths, in a Piper Warrior. It seems my last 6 flights (Including today's two) were in VH-IMX, white aircraft with a blue and red stripe along it, so I anticipate my future flights will always be with this reliable bird!
Old 18th August 2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
No problem. But sad to hear the 727 will be leaving our skies in the near future.

Yeah last few days have been great for flying here is Sydney. I've got my next flight on Saturday noon. Will be my first time at the controls in 18 weeks!! Definitely gonna be dusting a few cobwebs.
Anything more about the last flight of 727s in our sky?