Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th June 2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenden S View Post
New livery looks not to bad on the new bus.
looks great on the 744 also - but it looks perfect on the a380 though.

The new livery I think is catching on and people are getting used to it (certainly I am) - I'm starting to love it.

The old kangaroo design / shape needs replacing - the more I see it next to the new kangaroo the more I think the old roo is an outdated design.
Old 10th June 2008, 09:39 AM

Howdy all

QF due to announce A380 schedules and arrival details this week.

Expect the first 380 to be loitering around the skies of Australia for the first month or so for crew training/promotional flights before it starts commercial ops to LAX.

Regards

Luke/PER
Survived 1562 flights / 5407:43hrs / 2,431,608 miles
Now SQ, EK, QF, AF, EK, KE and CZ A380 compliant - MH next!
Old 10th June 2008, 10:01 AM

Luke et al, rumour has it that she'll be gracing our skies too on some route proving flights?!

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 10th June 2008, 10:20 AM
Banned

Monty, you can expect the 380 will visit Perth as part of proving/training flights that will occur around the country.

There will be plenty of opportunities for QF Group staff at least to travel on this aeroplane as part of the trials.
Old 10th June 2008, 10:27 AM
Lukas M

Guys, Does anyone know if they might be doing a charity flight for their first flight or something like that??
Old 10th June 2008, 10:44 AM

No doubt they will announce flights etc when I am overseas with no internet access on Friday
Old 10th June 2008, 07:45 PM

on a more serious and (hopefully) civil note, what's the go with A380 sims at QF right now? Last I heard they had 1 fixed base sim at Mascot, but will there be any more, perhaps in MEL or BNE? I don't know anything about the topic, so would be good to find out a bit more!

N
Old 10th June 2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick W. View Post

what's the go with A380 sims at QF right now? Last I heard they had 1 fixed base sim at Mascot, but will there be any more, perhaps in MEL or BNE? I don't know anything about the topic, so would be good to find out a bit more!

N
well there might be more room at Mascot if they take the 743 sim out (after the real classics are retired) - it's right next door to the a380 sim as well so you have the newest and the oldest sort of side by side, and either way at the early stage of A380 operations they won't have that many of those A380s to operate, so the pool of pilot won't be that big? (I'm sure it will grow) They've had plenty of time to prepare as well with the 18 month delays as well so I'd assume they would have ample time for sim sessions overseas
Old 10th June 2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Chan View Post
well there might be more room at Mascot if they take the 743 sim out (after the real classics are retired) - it's right next door to the a380 sim as well so you have the newest and the oldest sort of side by side, and either way at the early stage of A380 operations they won't have that many of those A380s to operate, so the pool of pilot won't be that big? (I'm sure it will grow) They've had plenty of time to prepare as well with the 18 month delays as well so I'd assume they would have ample time for sim sessions overseas
The 743 sim is due to be removed late this year, and another Dash 8 sim (-300) is due in its place. The A380 is currently housed next to a Dash8-100 sim, which is also due to leave late this year/early next year. As to what is going in that spot, I'm not sure. There's also room for a 787 sim
Old 11th June 2008, 05:45 PM

Howdy all

R class now showing in the availablity inventory for selected routes...

Regards

Luke/PER
Survived 1562 flights / 5407:43hrs / 2,431,608 miles
Now SQ, EK, QF, AF, EK, KE and CZ A380 compliant - MH next!