Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd May 2009, 08:23 PM

Default SQ

Booked Singapore Air (economy - vv cheap) on 06/04/2009 Syd/Sin (SQ232 B744 24/05/09); ret 03/06/09 (SQ221 A380) - chose seats at time of booking!!
I will not fly Qantas ( I'm a VB fan [& shareholder]) so I didn't know that QF didn't offer the same - gald I chose SQ

Rick K
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:48 PM

it also seems that the all important row 1 (such as 1A etc) is no longer assignable...I check some seats maps on QF1 for example and seats 1A and 1K show an 'X' which doesn't let you assign - even if you're Chairman or Plat flyer...similar to BA concept where 1A and 1K not being available, however if you are top tier incl QF Plat BA will let you assign these seats...
Old 27th May 2009, 06:02 PM

It's Wed today and I couldn't find anything on the website to allow pre-allocated seating either for a new or existing booking (I am QC silver)
Old 27th May 2009, 09:20 PM

the seat function is there on QF site - maybe you were within 24 hours of departure where in such a case it is no longer offered.
Old 28th May 2009, 10:27 AM

Hi Andrew, please refrain from quoting the whole previous post in your post, it is not necessary, thank you - mod

Is it through the 'Manage your booking' link? If so, I can't see where the option to allocate seaing is.

The 'Search' function on the webiste brings up no options to do this.

Last edited by Andrew McLaughlin; 28th May 2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 28th May 2009, 10:43 AM

I got it working last night. My gripe was on domestic flights, they only offered you the back of the plane (ie: on 737s, only row 18 onwards was available). I would hope to get a better seat than that, given my status.
Old 28th May 2009, 11:16 AM

Hi Andrew, please refrain from quoting the whole previous post in your post, it is not necessary, thank you - mod

Can you explain how to get through to the function then?
Old 28th May 2009, 12:24 PM

Hi Andrew - When you're in "managing your booking", you click on the seating icon, just like you do for online check-in.
Old 28th May 2009, 12:36 PM

Just checked on my bookings and the seat selection icon is no longer there.

Also not so good news for Platinum member is inability to book row 1...only for CL. That is going to p off a lot of Plats..
Old 28th May 2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jones View Post
Hi Andrew - When you're in "managing your booking", you click on the seating icon, just like you do for online check-in.

No seating icon in there that I can see, just 'seating preference' which gives you the choice of window or aisle.