Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st May 2009, 10:03 AM

Response I got from a John Poindexter from the Sale's company was they were sent the images. Maybe someone from OzJet, in which case I'm not going to worry too much about it. They would have more important things on their minds.

Have explained new images can be sent, as long as Photographer details are included.

Numloxx's Flightlog
jetphotos.net
Old 21st May 2009, 12:17 PM

Heavylift's B727-100F is also up for sale
Old 21st May 2009, 01:54 PM

For your sake Carsten, I hope it's not Cobham !
Old 21st May 2009, 02:42 PM

Yeah this country needs 146's.....
Old 21st May 2009, 05:43 PM

Carsten, I would be asking for some money, dont give your photos away for free. Interesting considering how he purchased VLH for cheap and selling it for that price. Good aircraft though. As for who is next, I do know Skywest are running a tad thin. Alliance have some contracts to keep them going, they have laid off some staff recently. No more QF contracts for them though (unless that one in QLD is still going) Cobham have to much backing (same to with skywest)
Old 21st May 2009, 05:49 PM
Prolific Member

Alliance have contracts out of ADL,BNE,TSV,CNS as well as PER .Not all their eggs are in one basket (Perth) .

The BNE-MKY QF contract ends next month.
Old 21st May 2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenden S View Post
Carsten, I would be asking for some money, dont give your photos away for free. Interesting considering how he purchased VLH for cheap and selling it for that price. Good aircraft though. As for who is next, I do know Skywest are running a tad thin. Alliance have some contracts to keep them going, they have laid off some staff recently. No more QF contracts for them though (unless that one in QLD is still going) Cobham have to much backing (same to with skywest)
Brenden I dont think money should be the issue... The issue is the photo's being used without credit and obviously been chopped.
Old 21st May 2009, 10:52 PM

Unhappy Who ya gonna Call?

Having traversed the path it appears O7 employees may be heading for I offer 2 pieces of timely advice.

1. The day you find yourself officially unemployed is the SAME DAY you contact Centrelink. Reason, this is the the date from which you will start to receive whatever benefit you may be entitled to (known henceforth as your 'Entitlement Date'). Not doing this on the day WILL COST YOU.

2. When the Administrator recommends the company be wound up (sod all assets, nobody interested in inheriting the corpse/debt) and is placed into Receivership, you will be entitled to G.E.E.R.S. This is where the government will pay a proportion of your entitlemments, but not Super (if the employer has not paid up to date of closure, and they usually havent, you can kiss those $$$ goodbye....). The only bugbear here is this can take some months depending on what the Receiver finds and how fast he works.

You will find this link pretty much explains the G.E.E.R.S. story.....

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...beassessed.htm

Having been there I cant stress the importance of '1' enough.

Good luck, you will need it.

Arty.