Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 17th April 2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew McLaughlin View Post
Just because you make money doesn't make you a A-Grade celeb. Besides, if they were real A-Grade celebs, they would've had a private jet, not be slumming it on QF. It's the C-Grade celebs who fly Tiger!
Oh I see, so to qualify for the A list you need to purchase your own private jet. Ok got ya, thanks for that.

Old 17th April 2010, 01:45 PM

Lets just say money doesn't buy class
Old 17th April 2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A View Post
I'm a QF hostie and I've never seen one of my colleagues 'shout' at anyone. THE END.
I was shouted by a QF cabin crew when I was 13 years old when I was wandering around the cabin on a flight from Hong Kong to Sydney. I asked the crew in business class if I could visit the cockpit, she shouted at me and instructed me to get back to my seat. This happened 10 years ago but my experience with QF had been tainted forever.

Last edited by Michael Mak; 17th April 2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 17th April 2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel M View Post
Oh I see, so to qualify for the A list you need to purchase your own private jet. Ok got ya, thanks for that.

Then you define it better smart ar$e!
Old 17th April 2010, 05:59 PM

Ok then Michael. Qantas are awful. Sorry your view was tainted at such a young age.

I've also seen police yell at people in extreme circumstances, however I respect that they are doing it because they are trying to protect someone.

Food for thought.
Old 17th April 2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A View Post
I've also seen police yell at people in extreme circumstances, however I respect that they are doing it because they are trying to protect someone.

Food for thought.
Jason I am not sure your purposes of adding the above in your reply but you can't compare the role of police to a flight attendant, they are 2 completely different roles. Flight attendant are NOT police as much as some of them may think they are. I should also add this to my story: before she shouted at me, I asked her if I could visit the cockpit (in 1999, pre-911). I asked her politely and her reply was 'no, go back to your seat'.

Did my action really warrant her response? Was it an extreme circumstance? A bored, young boy wandering around the cabin at night during a long flight? I didn't make any noise. Noone was at risk of any danger (the seat belt sign was off at the time). I did the exact same thing the previous year on Cathay Pacific on the same route and that led to my first ever cockpit visit and landing. There are lots of different ways for the said f/a to ask me to return to my seat, she could had done it in a polite way, what she did was rude and totally unacceptable.

Police deals with criminals all the time - do flight attendants deal with criminals?

I sincerely hope this isn't a prevalent attitude among QF cabin crews - yell at the passengers because they were doing things that they didn't like. That may explained my experience. It was my first QF flight and for many years I have not flown with QF because of this experience. I flew QF domestically for a couple of times but have not flown with them internationally ever since this incident.
Old 17th April 2010, 11:00 PM

As I do around 130 sectors a year on QF, and have done so for 9 years I feel somewhat qualified to make my original statement about QF's domestic service versus the opinions offered on Skytrax.

My comments regarding B Grade Celebs also relate to the following comment in the original post;

"One of the stewardesses who probably didn't know who we were, or who Akon's deejay was, started giving him grief about switching his phone off and all sorts of madness so a fight nearly broke out."

I think it is fair to call Akon's DJ a B Grade Celeb. The cynic in me says that this is nothing more than some self fulfilling PR to support Jay Sean's, Kelly Rolland and Akon's image as having street cred and to create some press for Akon et al.
Old 18th April 2010, 01:06 AM

Thanks Michael. Your horrific story of being yelled at by a flight attendant at the age of 13 and being
Quote:
A bored, young boy wandering around the cabin at night during a long flight
is touching but I think the way a 13 year old digests a comment compared to a 30 year old is somewhat different. Drama Queen comes to mind.

As an ex NSW police constable of 2.5 years before choosing to take to the skies I think I'll be the one to make an opinion of the similarities in the positions. Both roles care for the safety of people. If someone has their phone on and it is interfering with navigation instruments in the flight deck then they must switch it off ( YES IT HAPPENS ) . If they don't comply the first time then a more stern approach is needed to ensure that lives are not in danger ( just like the police ) - hence my comparison.

I'm sorry you hate Qantas. But we are very SAFE airline. No apologies for that. We don't shout at people, but we certainly don't let people get away with breaking Qantas regulations.

As for your incident - get over it. You said you asked to go to the flight deck in the middle of the night on a long flight. Chances are the tech crew were on controlled rest or rotating crew rest - flight deck visits in the middle of the night are unheard of ( even before 9/11 ).

SAFETY BEFORE SCHEDULE.
Old 18th April 2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mak View Post
do flight attendants deal with criminals?
Failure to follow crew direction is a breach of the ANRs ... so I guess, yes.
Old 18th April 2010, 07:40 AM
Prolific Member

Exuse me what is hip hop and R@B to us older people
Closed Thread