Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st January 2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
15 years you say? What, on a variety of craft? Certainly not OEJ. Check the delivery date...
My reference was to the livery itself (1993/94), not to the application of the livery on the particular aircraft (OEJ). Poor choice of wording, my apologies.
Old 1st January 2012, 09:03 PM

Chris talking about speical liveries not being around so much anymore how many have Air New Zealand got now as they introduce there ALL BLACK scheme to several of there aircraft.
So if one of smallest airlines can have quite a few models painted up why can't Qantas keep one...A very good one !
Old 1st January 2012, 09:39 PM

Can anyone actually confirm that it will lose it's colours?? As far as I can see a lot of people seem to be jumping the gun a bit here. Also, what would it be called?? Another 'city of ..?
Old 2nd January 2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikha Ly View Post
My reference was to the livery itself (1993/94), not to the application of the livery on the particular aircraft (OEJ). Poor choice of wording, my apologies.
Of course. Thank you
Old 2nd January 2012, 08:34 AM

Wunala just lifted off Rwy 34L a short while ago, appeared to rotate nice and early. If tnis is the last time we'll see her as Big Red, atleast I've got footage!

Dan

04/09/14 QF129 SYD-PVG A333 VH-QPG :: 08/09/14 CX367 PVG-HKG 77W B-KQO :: 13/09/14 QF128 HKG-SYD A388 VH-OQH
29/09/14 QF556 SYD-BNE 763ER VH-OGO :: 30/09/14 QF008 BNE-SYD 744ER VH-OEG
Old 2nd January 2012, 08:44 AM

The flight number is QF 6021 if you are interested Dan

I hope we get to see another scheme like this on a QF bird soon
Old 2nd January 2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Collins View Post
Wunala just lifted off Rwy 34L a short while ago, appeared to rotate nice and early. If tnis is the last time we'll see her as Big Red, atleast I've got footage!

Dan
Will you be posting the footage anywhere so that we could have a look?
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:07 AM

OK, does anyone actually KNOW the livery is being dropped, or has everyone just jumped to the conclusion it is because it's off to Xiamen for a repaint/freshen up???

Let's just see what it comes back as before having a herd of cows shall we???
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:15 AM

I'm living as an optimist and hope Wunala will remain on OEJ. I'd love to see it with the updated titles/roo though, but a reversion to a standard paintjob would be saddening.

David, thanks for the flight number info! Will come in handy.

Fabian, I'll aim to go through my pics and put some up today. The video will have to wait - I could only concentrate on one camera and I was experimenting with a timelapse so have to search through an hour-long piece of footage.

Off topic from Wunala, but still kinda on topic with the new livery thread, I notice QF removed the Oneworld titles from A330-200 VH-EBL, does this leave only one aircraft in the fleet with the OW titles on it? Does anyone know if there are plans for more OW jets in the QF fleet? I'd have thought a 737 or 767 might've been wearing them by now?

Dan

04/09/14 QF129 SYD-PVG A333 VH-QPG :: 08/09/14 CX367 PVG-HKG 77W B-KQO :: 13/09/14 QF128 HKG-SYD A388 VH-OQH
29/09/14 QF556 SYD-BNE 763ER VH-OGO :: 30/09/14 QF008 BNE-SYD 744ER VH-OEG
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:21 AM

I agree Andrew. When I first mentioned the VH-OEJ is off to Xiamen I made it clear it was a rumor it's going to standard livery. I also made it clear in the next post to wait to see what happens. It definately isn't going to Xiamen for a holiday and whether it is possible to paint the new titles onto the current livery is even possible, who knows?

It was definately a good idea to bring this to peoples attention on the board incase it really is going so people can get their final shots of it today before it left. I think we all are just worried the great livery is going which is a strong possibilty. There are currently no strong sources so far confirming the worst but we are expecting it.