Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th February 2010, 03:31 PM

Try bi-annually or more than likely annually (being compulsory)

Quote:
normally released by Australian airlines
Doesn't sound like they are required to reveal that information as a compulsory requirement Marty.

Quote:
The group's two airlines carried 456,000 passengers in December, up 48 per cent on the previous year.

Their load factor rose 7 percentage points to 90 per cent.

Passenger numbers also increased 59 per cent in November and 55 per cent in October.
Appears that growth is strong, load factor seems decent accross the group.

I don't see how Lukas has fed any tripe at all, this was his comment....

Quote:
A record profit will be posted this April by the group, yet the Aussie ops are losing single figures now. Whilst their Singaporean operation is highly profitable at the moment, they can afford to prop up Tiger Australia which should post a profit next fiscal year.
As far as that reads April will reveal better results for the Australian ops and the group as a whole is quite profitable. He admitted the Asian side is proping up the Aussie side for now. I don't know what more you could expect that sounds reasonable and on par with that is happening.
Old 5th February 2010, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post
??? monthly - new one on me,
QF and DJ report monthly to the ASX.
Old 5th February 2010, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickN View Post
Try bi-annually or more than likely annually (being compulsory)

Doesn't sound like they are required to reveal that information as a compulsory requirement Marty.

Appears that growth is strong, load factor seems decent accross the group.

I don't see how Lukas has fed any tripe at all, this was his comment....

As far as that reads April will reveal better results for the Australian ops and the group as a whole is quite profitable. He admitted the Asian side is proping up the Aussie side for now. I don't know what more you could expect that sounds reasonable and on par with that is happening.

Lukas has specifically said Australian operations, you are giving me whole group figures as Tiger wont seperate the Singapore from the Australian operations to somewhat 'sugarcoat' their statement.
Old 5th February 2010, 04:13 PM

Show me a company who doesn't sugarcoat everything made available to the public.
Old 5th February 2010, 04:40 PM
Lukas M

I guess you could say that Tiger Australia is now under control, management and financial wise. The airline is run totally different as of what it was back in 08', and things appear to be working and they are on the right track.

Problem at the moment is their limited fleet with small frequencies, whilst they go double daily to Hobart today. They have their eyes on too many routes out of Sydney, yet not enough aircraft in the short term. Avalon could work well if they manage to sqeeze Jetstar out and possibly gain International access out of there in the long term and attract others, turning it into one big Budget Carrier port. Tiger could sustain the services ex Avalon that Jetstar at the moment cant at times, even with the same frequencies.

Last edited by Lukas M; 5th February 2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 5th February 2010, 05:46 PM
Banned

So clearly lack of profit is hindering these wild growth plans, plans are all well and good but unless the airline or any business is providing a good level of customer satisfaction (and I have seen plenty of Tiger dis-satisfaction) then the reputation is poor and people are reluctant or wont use that business/airline etc.

Now going back to the article that Tiger are moving all operations to AVV, you havent come back to me on that Lukas, you claim it is a third base for Tiger and say the article is rubbish, you also seem to believe Tiger can 'squeeze' out JQ which is the airline that started out and made AVV an alternate base back in 2005 sorry but this will just stir up the JQ nest and they will now return services to AVV.........................do you really think JQ management are going to let Tiger come in and kick them out of their own established hub???

Tiger may have grand plans but I highly doubt much will come to see the light of day.
Old 5th February 2010, 06:37 PM
Prolific Member

Marty, the airline article is telling us they are bringing forward their aircraft deliveries not retreating .

They are soon to start BNE services.You say a lack of profit is hindering their growth plans i cant see that from this article it actually is the opposite.

Tiger offers a alternative to the rest and if you dont like them dont fly them.
I believe they will be here for the longterm .
Old 5th February 2010, 06:38 PM
Lukas M

Avalon will be interesting when (if) it happens. Obviously both of them out of Avalon wont really be making much profit on the same routes, AVV-SYD is down to sub $40 most days, even on the same day of departure. Question is, who can last the distance. Have to wait and see I guess...

Taking a punt that Tiger will be flying via their Virtual hubs from AVV to BNE/SYD to build up frequencies on SYD-OOL and SYD-BNE. They might only have 2/3 flights to each of those ports ex Avalon. Eg..
AVV-SYD-ASP-SYD-AVV
AVV-BNE-MKY-BNE-AVV
AVV-SYD-MCY-SYD-AVV
AVV-SYD-OOL-SYD-AVV
AVV-BNE-SYD-BNE-AVV
Old 5th February 2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty H View Post
QF and DJ report monthly to the ASX.
no they don't, they may report passenger loads, but don't give profit figures etc monthly
Old 5th February 2010, 07:05 PM
Banned

From that information you can still see how well a company/airline is doing, from the article I quoted they with held information.