Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th November 2009, 07:39 PM

Would somebody like to post the email, including full header details (delete anything personal). I'd like to check this out further.
Old 14th November 2009, 08:41 PM

Here you go

I almost had a heart attack when it arrived in the inbox as I've only been on about 9 Virgin/Pacific Blue Flights in the past 12 months

Although on a side note at least DJ are happy to upgrade everyone I flew Lan in Business last month AKL-SYD and QF will not credit any points/sc's for that flight.

Last edited by Jason Carruthers; 14th November 2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 14th November 2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Carruthers View Post
I flew Lan in Business last month AKL-SYD and QF will not credit any points/sc's for that flight.
I last flew LAN in Nov 2008 in economy and i got 40 status credit one way, so 80 in total for QF. Wondering why you didn't get any. In fact i got more credits on this short sector flight then my Sydney - Singapore on QF 31 which is only 30.
Old 16th November 2009, 08:06 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Lazaroff View Post
Funny thing is, I never got the original upgrade email, only the second one telling me the ugrade email was a mistake.
Me too - I got the "Oops!" apology but never the original erroneous upgrade advice. I think the entire database ended up getting the "Oops!" email as it included an apology for spamming people who had a 'no email' flag in their profile.
Old 16th November 2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan N View Post
Nothing in the media about this. Would have thought the media would have a field day with this, given all the attention on airlines thesedays.
Came two days late but finally made the news:

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...1116-ignq.html
Old 16th November 2009, 01:08 PM

Default Sorry for the off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Carruthers View Post
I flew Lan in Business last month AKL-SYD and QF will not credit any points/sc's for that flight.
Jason,

I've noticed there's been a few problems with I-class flight credits from LAN on QFF. Send copies of your ticket and boarding pass to QFF in Melbourne. They sorted mine out within 2 days.
Miles: 651,193; Hours: 1,484:43; Flights: 526; Routes; 218; Airports: 101; Airlines: 47; Countries:27
Old 28th November 2009, 12:16 AM

Post More apologies

Now Brett Godfrey is including an apology with members' points balance statements:

Hi [name]

We'd like to apologise for a genuine mistake which occurred last week that left many Members confused, and us red-faced.

You may have received an email informing you that your Status had been upgraded to Gold. Unfortunately, that information was incorrect, and we're truly sorry for any disappointment the email caused.

After speaking with many of our Members, and listening to all their feedback, we'd like to clear the air and let you know what happened. The problem was caused by a process error, which was identified and fixed, and will not happen again. We'd like to assure you that our data security was never compromised, and your personal details were and are safe.

We remain committed to delivering you the best possible loyalty program in which all Members are rewarded, regardless of your Status.

We value your Membership and look forward to helping you enjoy many great rewards with Velocity in the future.

Sincerely

Brett Godfrey
Chief Executive Officer - Virgin Blue Airlines

Old 28th November 2009, 11:57 AM

He could of at least credited us all with 2000 points or something as a goodwill gesture, but i guess goodwill and LCC dont match.
Old 28th November 2009, 12:14 PM

well my THai - Royal Orchard FF account has been credited with 15,361 miles for flights Vientiane-BKK-BNE return (oct 2009), and I never took the flights!!

will see if they are reversed in due coarse
Old 28th November 2009, 01:31 PM

As it seems we are going off thread a bit, I had a HNL-LHR-HNL award flight in 2007 on AA and arranged over the phone with AA, still waiting for taxes to be debited to the credit card.