Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 8th August 2008, 08:13 PM

Default QF73 Delayed and in the media.... of course!

From dailytelegraph.com.au....

Quote:
Another Qantas jet grounded

08, 2008 12:00am

QANTAS has grounded another jet due to technical problems with passengers enduring a seven-hour delay at Sydney Airport.

San Francisco-bound flight QF73 was due to depart at 1.55pm (AEST) but its takeoff has been pushed back until 9pm.

A Qantas spokeswoman said routine pre-flight checks had picked up a "minor technical issue that required rectification" but would not say what the problem was.

She said passengers were advised of the delay before checking in.

The incident is the latest in a recent run of setbacks for Australia's national airline. Yesterday a Qantas jet was grounded in Melbourne because of noise from an air-conditioning fault.

The Canberra-bound Boeing 737 jet returned to the terminal and passengers were transferred to another plane, finally leaving Melbourne 90 minutes later, just before 1pm (AEST).

Last week, a domestic flight was forced to return to Adelaide after a wheel bay door failed to close.

A Qantas Boeing 767 flight turned back to make an emergency landing at Sydney airport on August 2 after a hydraulic fluid leak was discovered.

On Monday, a jet was grounded for almost three hours after a technical fault was discovered in a pre-flight inspection at Sydney airport.

The spate of problems started last month when an explosion ripped a hole in the fuselage of a Qantas jet en route from Hong Kong to Melbourne, forcing an emergency landing at Manila.

Qantas chief executive Geoff Dixon said this week that the airline's reputation had been tainted by the incidents and Qantas had to work hard to retrieve its good name.

- with AAP
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...005941,00.html

Talk about getting old....
Old 8th August 2008, 08:15 PM

HELLO MEDIA BORINGGGGGGGG!
i dont recall reading about the jq passengers stranded in honolulu last weekend - check acars JQ7004 from hnl landed about 2100 on saturday and should have arrived at 1500ish friday - BUT SSSHHHH
Old 8th August 2008, 08:43 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickN View Post
From dailytelegraph.com.au....

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...005941,00.html

Talk about getting old....
Then why post it Nick!
Some ppl cant leave it alone and just got to hop on the forums and report these things, almost as bad as the media!

Regards
Brian Wilkes
Old 8th August 2008, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie D
jq passengers stranded in honolulu last weekend
Stranded You're just as bad as the media. It is called a delay!
Old 8th August 2008, 09:07 PM

No they were stranded! You know..... palm trees, deserted beach, no food or water..... yeah right!!!

Brian I posted it to demonstrate yet another media hoo haa, keeping up to date with their crap is what the forums are for, so people can see what the latest media circus has turned up. Me posting the latest on this forum certainly isn't going to promote the matter any more than it already has been.
Old 8th August 2008, 09:09 PM

What ever Nick

Regards
Brian Wilkes
Old 8th August 2008, 09:12 PM

Nobody forced you to read or respond to the thread, if it bothered you so much you could have kept on reading somewhere else

I happen to find keeping up with the media quite interesting and others responded to the thread with something decent before your little quip.
Old 8th August 2008, 09:35 PM

why not just post it in the QF delays thread? no need to bother with the media report, just get the info from QF and paste it in that thread...that's what its there for.

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 8th August 2008, 09:36 PM

I could have, To be honest I wasn't quite sure what to do so I just posted it here.
Closed Thread