Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th January 2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post
Unfortunately with CX about to introduce Premium Economy seats, upgrades from Y to J will no longer happen.
I have been upgraded twice now on Qantas from cconomy to business even though the a/c had premium Y. Both times were on QF1, once last good Friday where my wife and my mum were traveling with me to Bangkok, all 3 of us were called at the gate and upgraded, and the last time was a few months back when I was travelling alone. When it comes to upgrades my wife and I have been very lucky the past 2 years on flights between Australian and London. We get upgraded about 1 in every 4 segments.
Old 18th January 2010, 08:55 PM

1983 on a brand new TWA 727-200. Was travelling with my parents from PHX to TUS. When I pre-board with my folks and siblings the cabin crew prattled off all our names and really made us feel special. We got colouring books, crayons, pins, badges, peanuts, cokes and a trip to the cockpit on this 40 minute flight! We flew Continental to the West Coast as well as Western and PSA and they paid us first rate attention. It was sad flying United across the Pacific and several other US carriers (domestic) last November to note the decline in the level of service and professionalism of alot of the US airlines. They really had it back then!

Last edited by Josh M; 18th January 2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: spelling