Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #71  
Old 22nd June 2022, 08:51 AM
David C David C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tahmoor NSW
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel White View Post
Interesting flight path yesterday for VH-VKG, JST61 (SYD -SGN) over NSW. According to FlightAware departed SYD 16:04 and returned at 17:45.
.

It had a technical issue and returned back to Sydney .
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 22nd June 2022, 05:02 PM
Rowan McKeever Rowan McKeever is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel White View Post
Interesting flight path yesterday for VH-VKG, JST61 (SYD -SGN) over NSW. According to FlightAware departed SYD 16:04 and returned at 17:45.
According to several folks on facebook, the engines on this aircraft sounded 'horrendous' on departure and again when it overflew Western Sydney and the Highlands on its way back to YSSY. Some heard reports of engine trouble on ATC radio.

FlightAware suggests VKG is scheduled to operate to DPS this evening, in about 20 minutes actually.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 24th June 2022, 08:59 PM
Tristan S Tristan S is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 492
Default

B787 VH-VKE has re-entered service after storage in ASP, operating JQ434 MEL OOL.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 27th June 2022, 04:04 PM
MarkR MarkR is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,692
Default

I wonder what’s going on with JQ57, last week it had extensive delays most days and was cancelled after boarding today 4 hours late? I would have thought it would be one of the more reliable services given its 9 hour layover in Brisbane. There was nothing wrong with the plane yesterday inbound, I was on it.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 28th June 2022, 09:37 AM
MarkR MarkR is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
I wonder what’s going on with JQ57, last week it had extensive delays most days and was cancelled after boarding today 4 hours late? I would have thought it would be one of the more reliable services given its 9 hour layover in Brisbane. There was nothing wrong with the plane yesterday inbound, I was on it.
VKH must of gone tech, VKK is operating the delayed service as JQ1057 this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 28th June 2022, 10:32 AM
Rowan McKeever Rowan McKeever is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
I wonder what’s going on with JQ57, last week it had extensive delays most days and was cancelled after boarding today 4 hours late? I would have thought it would be one of the more reliable services given its 9 hour layover in Brisbane. There was nothing wrong with the plane yesterday inbound, I was on it.
Unless you were flying it, there could be a dozen things wrong with it and you mightn't know In this case, though, it sounds very much like something went wrong with the aircraft while it was preparing for departure, or mx crew were unable to resolve an issue within the operating crew's hours.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 28th June 2022, 12:47 PM
MarkR MarkR is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan McKeever View Post
Unless you were flying it, there could be a dozen things wrong with it and you mightn't know In this case, though, it sounds very much like something went wrong with the aircraft while it was preparing for departure, or mx crew were unable to resolve an issue within the operating crew's hours.
I was looking at the bigger picture not just the one instance, for whatever reason that particular rotation seems to have issues despite it rotating daily through different aircraft (it does Mel-Dps-bne-dps-Mel)
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 28th June 2022, 06:50 PM
Rowan McKeever Rowan McKeever is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
I was looking at the bigger picture not just the one instance, for whatever reason that particular rotation seems to have issues despite it rotating daily through different aircraft (it does Mel-Dps-bne-dps-Mel)

Is it also late arriving? Is it crewed out of Melbourne or Gold Coast do you know?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 29th June 2022, 10:39 PM
Tristan S Tristan S is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 492
Default

XNW has entered service as JQ944 MEL CNS
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 4th July 2022, 08:26 AM
Tristan S Tristan S is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 492
Default

In a sign it must be soon arrving, VH-OFE - Jetstar's 321NEO, has been added to the VH-reg
OFE AIRBUS A321-251NX 9540 30/06/2022
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright © Sydney Airport Message Board 1997-2020
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the Conditions of Use and Privacy Statement