Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd April 2012, 07:30 PM

Default Qantas Frequent flyer program - Flying Jetstar?

On the Jetstar's website, you have the option of 'upgrading' a standard economy ticket to a "plus" or "max" bundle in order to qualify for Qantas Frequent flyer points and status credits.

If one was to book the same Jetstar flight via the Qantas website, would they still qualify for FF points and SC's, or can that only be done for Jetstar flights for bookings made via the Jetstar website?

In other words, are Jetstar flights booked via the Qantas website recognised by the Qantas Frequent Flyer program?

....if that makes sense.
Cheers.
Old 23rd April 2012, 08:39 PM

Hey Adam, Great question and oddly it made perfect sense. I had a look and I just tried to book at jetstar flight on the qantas web site and it automatically directed to the JQ website so the JQ rules I guess will apply, so if you want to pay the $30 odd dollars extra for your points or what ever it is you can.

Paul
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:45 PM

^
Thanks very much for that Paul.

I see what you mean by getting redirected to the Jetstar website when booking a one-way flight from the Qantas website.

I've also tried a return trip booking from the Qantas website, flying QF one way and JQ the other.

In this scenario I was not redirected to the JQ website(understandable), however booking this as a discount economy trip, it would make the JQ flight a 'Jetstar Starter' class fare type.
This Jetstar fare type technically does not qualify for FF points and status and without advancing in the online booking process for this flight selection, I would not think the option becomes available to upgrade from the 'starter' fare.

Therefore if I were to go ahead and book these flights as a return trip on the same ticket, it seems as if only the QF flight will (obviously) qualify for FF points and status.

Is this the case?
Old 24th April 2012, 07:30 AM

That sounds pretty right to me, I would possibly just make 2 bookings one on the QF website for the QF flight and one on the JQ website for JQ. It might be a bit easier to manage and you can add what ever you need on the JQ website so it will take out any confusion as to what you are or not entitled to.