Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd February 2012, 04:03 PM

Alliance have their F100 base in BNE, whereas Skywest would have theirs in PER. It beats having Skywest's F100s (which may already be at maximum utilisation anyway) ferry between BNE and PER for maintenance every now and then.

JetPhotos.net (1381 Photos)
Old 3rd February 2012, 05:35 PM
Prolific Member

Brock, they have already stated that Network will expand to QLD later this year.There was article by Kumar(Qantaslink boss) as apparently he will be the new boss of all Qantas regional divisions including Network.The article stated that Network will fly to wherever the need for fifo is the highest and it then acknowledged that QLD was the next major region to WA and BNE was the source of those workers

Qantas own Network but they don't own Alliance.It makes immense sense to use their own F100's rather than leasing them from Alliance.

Network F100's will not be all based in Perth and that fact has already been stated on news releases.The 10 new ones this year will possibly be spread over 3 bases.

It doesn't take too much to open a new base outside of Perth including engineering .There is hangar space already available and all they have to do is advertise for Lames and other staff.

There is a QLD govt add on TV every day stating that 3,500 workers now required in Queensland's mining industry with 38,000 required soon.That is a hell of a lot of workers and half of those will be Fifo and maybe more.
Old 3rd February 2012, 06:02 PM

Lloyd I was talking about Virgin with regards to the F100s

JetPhotos.net (1381 Photos)
Old 3rd February 2012, 08:57 PM

Hey LLoyd,

Other than the article a few weeks back about, are there any other (more reliable) sources saying there will be a few Network F100's based in BNE?
Old 4th February 2012, 04:59 AM

Regarding they wont have spare aircraft to help out VA. Skywest also had a plan to launch f100 flights from Broome to Singapore and more Pilbara- East coast routes which may have got delayed somewhat but could explain why they can't assist with VA's requirements.
Old 4th February 2012, 07:20 AM
Prolific Member

No Rob, except for my contacts in Perth who work in the airline and travel industry who have heard this prior to the article .Obviously i can't reveal who they are ??

I believe it has a 70-80% probability but i guess we will just have to wait a few more months time to see what happens.

Things change in this industry all the time.
Old 4th February 2012, 10:46 AM

Sounds like we've heard similar information. My source says 2-3 aircraft some time this year and it does make sense as there is no way they'll could use all 12 of their F100's in the west and most companies are saying QLD is the next FIFO market.
Old 4th February 2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd fox View Post
Yes Rowan they haven't taken out the Dash 8's as yet.

I worked out through the press release(seat numbers) that BNE-GLT will gain a extra 3 flights a week on what is currently operational prior to 15 March, however the other 2 destinations are not as easy to work out particularly MKY where 320's as well as Dash's operate.
Just had a quick look at qantas.com for MKY-BNE direct services on Monday 26th March. It shows 8 flights being operated - 3 x F100's, 1 x B717, 4 x JQ A320's. No more turbo-prop Dash 8 direct services.
Old 4th February 2012, 02:16 PM
Prolific Member

Brock sorry i misunderstood you.

Dave yep all scheds are now correct .Beginning of June now has both 717's operating .
Old 5th February 2012, 01:45 AM

ROK has a big win too although MKY has the most flights and seats.
As the city was a all turboprop operation with Qlink as there was no Jetstar A320 pressence in the city and no QF 737s either. So for the Qantas Group to reinstate 717 jet services is a major boost for the region.
Will JQ ever return to ROK?
They did have a falling out with the airport a while back.

There may be additional flights to come as the 717 schedule has some gaps in it

Last edited by Jarden S; 5th February 2012 at 01:54 AM.