Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th October 2008, 08:38 AM

Default Travelling in buisiness class with baby?

Hi there,

My wife and I are expecting our first baby in December which is all very exciting. We've also been invited to visit Fiji in May 09. By that time I should have a healthy 6 month old daughter.

I have been considering cashing in my FF points in business class one way (Air Pacific). Question is, are babies allowed in business? Im sure they are but it may be an unwritten law that may peeve other people off if the baby doesn't stop crying for the whole trip!

Has anyone done this or had any experiences with babies in business class?
Old 16th October 2008, 10:21 AM

Default Business Class and Infant's are Normally

Babies in First & Business Class is nothing New, Working in a Travel Agency we have Clients who Travel First Class with Babies. Going to Fiji I would suggest you get on the 747 and not a 767 or 737. You will be well looked after by the crew and I sure the other passengers won't mind either........ Enjoy your Holiday.
Old 16th October 2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nils Kenny View Post
and I sure the other passengers won't mind either
You're kidding aren't you?? If I were to pay a premium class fare I'd be seriously p155ed off if I had to put up with a crying child!!!
Old 16th October 2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
You're kidding aren't you?? If I were to pay a premium class fare I'd be seriously p155ed off if I had to put up with a crying child!!!
Thats a very poor attitude mate. People with children have just as much right to travel comfortably as you. First/business class doesn't exempt you from having to travel with young families.

As the parent of 4 young children who are regular travelers I sincerely hope not everyones attitude is the same as yours.
Old 16th October 2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg McDonald View Post
I don't think airline will care about how much you pay or what you pay for!! at end of day flight is a flight and airline is going to cater for everyone and anyone.

Attitude is every un-welcoming I must say mate.
Old 16th October 2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickN View Post
Thats a very poor attitude mate. People with children have just as much right to travel comfortably as you. First/business class doesn't exempt you from having to travel with young families.

As the parent of 4 young children who are regular travelers I sincerely hope not everyones attitude is the same as yours.
I too am a parent and the issue is not that they have the right to travel comfortably (which of course they do) but also the right of everybody else around them to travel comfortably. Too many parents these days allow their children to do anything they want at the expense of everyone else. I suppose Nick that you agree with people playing their ipods so loud that it disturbs everyone else around them because its their 'right'?
Old 16th October 2008, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickN View Post

AMEN brother, part of the deal when travelling, deal with it.
Old 16th October 2008, 03:34 PM

My daughter is 3.5 yrs old & she has travelled in Business Class (on SQ) 8 times (4 return flights). Each time the Singapore Girls have treated her exceptionally well. She has been a pretty good flyer from day one so we are quite fortunate. But even if she did carry on a bit there is only so much you can do & if that fails then you have to wait it out....

On a couple of our flights we have had other babies/kids in the Business cabin & they have been a little raucous, but there really isn't any point getting all fussed about it. No matter what class you travel the seats are there to be occupied by anyone of any age, so complaining about it is completely pointless, esecially as the airline is really only worried about the $$ & return patronage.

However you would have a case to complain if the rugrats were pulling interior panels off & having food fights etc.....

SQ220 SYD-SIN -J- Jan21
SQ219 SIN-SYD -J- Feb14
Old 16th October 2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I suppose Nick that you agree with people playing their ipods so loud that it disturbs everyone else around them because its their 'right'?
I can turn the volume on my iPod down mate, unfortunately children don't come equipped with the same function.

And for the record I don't agree with anybody using something within their control to disturb other passengers.
Old 16th October 2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg McDonald View Post
It would be really annoying I know but... it is only public transport, with a bigger seat and a nice meal.

To overcome this problem I have a solution for you - a private jet.