Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th October 2009, 10:41 AM

NASA uses this APC as an emergency exit for the Astronouts.

Old 4th October 2009, 11:13 AM

Great photos of the US Coast Guard Hercs. What made you decide to email them and see if they'd show you around? Some great shots from Dover before too. Definitely going to be one of the places i visit when i eventually get round to heading to the states.

Old 4th October 2009, 11:28 AM

Gday Gerard I like the paint scheme of the US Coast Gaurd
Old 4th October 2009, 01:24 PM

Great pics mate, im loving the reports on your trip
Old 4th October 2009, 03:07 PM

20th Wife Day nothing Aviation

21st Before we departed Orlando I found a park called the B52 Park. It had a B52 on display. After that I dropped the hire car off. The hire car drop off was attached to the terminal this time round that makes things easier. We were going to Portland Oregon via Dallas Fort worth Texas. We checked in early. We were on an AA 757 .As we were about to depart I noticed that all the ground staffed disappeared. After about 15-30 mins of sitting in the plane the Capt came over the PA and announced that due to lightning all ground staff had to go inside. About another 10mins later we finally started to taxi. This flight was rather unpleasant I had the window seat my wife had the middle seat and a rather over weight man with a bad BO problem was on the aisle seat. I could not stand the smell we ended getting one of my wives magazines that had a free perfume sample in it to neutralize the odour. This bloke didn’t care as he was taking his seat and half of my wives seat asleep and snoring just to top it off. We landed and we were very late for our connecting flight. We landed at 1400 and our flight was due out at 1415. So we had to run from our flight to get the train to take us to our other terminal. I could see our MD88 at the gate .We then sprinted from the train to our gate they were just shutting the door and I yelled out. They opened the door and let us through. After we sat down I was wondering if our bags had made it across. We sat at the gate waiting for the toilets to be serviced. After that was done we taxied out to the runway and we held short for a long time. There was a massive weather system that was north of us and that was in the way of our flight path. The Captain came over the PA telling us that and because tower is diverting everything around the weather cell we would have to go back to the gate to get more fuel. The only thing was that we were blocked in by aircraft waiting to depart. Another 20mins later we made it back to the gate for some more fuel. We took off and due to the re routing we had to add another hour to the flight. We were next to the engine and it was loud and it had a throbbing beat to it I had a massive head ache. The landing into Portland was rough and all I have to say is thank god this day is over. Oh and our luggage did make it.

Old 4th October 2009, 03:13 PM

Old 4th October 2009, 03:18 PM

22nd I meet a friend in Portland and we drove up to KPAE for some spotting. As we passed McChord AFB we saw a Chinook flying around. Nothing was moving so we got some pics of what was parked on the ground and we made our way back down to KBFI.

Old 4th October 2009, 03:26 PM

23rd We arrived at KBFI at 0930hrs.There was some movement of private jets for the first 2 hours and then a RAAF Wedge tail took off and then after that Egypt air departed and a T 38 showed up and did some touch and go’s. About 1400hrs we went over to Renton Field and took some shots there and then we started the drive back to Portland. I did see a C130 on approach to McChord AFB but I was asleep in the deep I didn’t have the camera ready.

Old 4th October 2009, 03:36 PM

24th Night spotting at KPDX

Last edited by andrew evans; 4th October 2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 4th October 2009, 03:41 PM

25th Wife time nothing Aviation

26th Wife time nothing Aviation

27th Wife time nothing Aviation