Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th March 2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hammond View Post
We went for a walk on board and to me it was rather a let down, as it was only a tour through the main deck. There was no public access to the upper deck or flight deck visits, Out of V Australia's tour and Qantas tour i must say V Australia's was the better one.
really dan?
i enjoyed it. yes we couldn't go to the upper deck but i still liked how we were able to go through all four classes.
i carnt say much for V Australia's because it was closed due to weather yesterday and wasn't open for viewing today.
Old 15th March 2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hammond View Post
Well as Craig said it was OEG that was at Avalon today. We went for a walk on board and to me it was rather a let down, as it was only a tour through the main deck. There was no public access to the upper deck or flight deck visits, Out of V Australia's tour and Qantas tour i must say V Australia's was the better one.
It is very difficult to 'circulate' visitors up the single stairway to the upper deck.
Old 15th March 2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony J View Post
It is very difficult to 'circulate' visitors up the single stairway to the upper deck.
Exactly my thoughts!
Old 15th March 2009, 10:28 PM

Well, overall i was semi-impressed. Sure wasn't great in the flying display area. And i was in the worst mood to begin with due to jetstars LACK of customer service. After nearly a two hour delay and no information from anyone, the pilot finally told us that we "should" have been informed the fact that storms last night prevented them from bringing the plane in to Syd last night. No-one could tell me anything and not even an apology. I can understand the delay and don't have a problem with that, but its the customer srvice that i was apauled at.
Anyhow probably the highlight was the C-5, sheltering the gale behind a C-17 and well thats about it really.
Old 16th March 2009, 08:56 AM

I think the weather has a big impact on the whole show. Yesterday had everything - the wind is liveable (but impacts the flying displays) but the rain was still the biggest problem. My only criticism is they still don't have enough shelter - when it rained, everyone ran for the Expo because that was the only undercover area.

As for the walkthroughs, the mud itself would have really been a big problem. The amount that was walked through VH-OEG itself would have been fun to clean. I am just grateful that the airlines brought their aircraft down to a show - it doesn't make money sitting on the ground.

Overall I really enjoyed it.
Old 16th March 2009, 11:15 AM
Banned

Marty, when using the quote function, please only quote the relevant text, and definitely do not requote the image unless it is vital to your post and is on a previous page. This makes the board easier to read and much faster to load. -mod

Last edited by Marty H; 16th March 2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 18th March 2009, 06:30 PM

I heard a rumor that an Australian Aviation staff member went up for a fly in the Super Hornet. Was it you Andrew?
Old 18th March 2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony J View Post
Not unless they did a 10 at a time sort of thing like the V AUstralia 777 did on Friday. They only let certain amount of people on then let more in once the others were leaving. Very effiecent I believe.
Old 18th March 2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Long View Post
I heard a rumor that an Australian Aviation staff member went up for a fly in the Super Hornet. Was it you Andrew?
**sigh** I wish Nathan. Alas, I had my one and only fast jet ride some years ago, so this time it was Gerard's turn.

It almost didn't happen - he was suited up, fully briefed and strapped in at 0900 when the jet broke - the only time either of the two jets has broken during their six week long 'world tour' so far! Luckily he got a second chance when he rode in Ricardo's 'primary' jet after the flying was finished for the day.

Said he felt six inches shorter but 10 feet taller afterwards, and had a dopey grin on his mug for the next three days!
Old 19th March 2009, 09:26 AM

Better luck next time Andrew...