Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th March 2009, 03:05 PM

Just have a question, i am deciding whether to go for a day or not and just looking at flights into Avalon, jetstar seem to have flights going in and out of "melbourne-avalon" all day? Is that right?
Old 7th March 2009, 03:14 PM

Gerard,
it really depends on where you are going to avalon from..It seems the JQ flights from sydney leave at 6am or 10am. The 7am flight has sold out, unless you want to pay $235 for a one way ticket! Again the late flight out seems to have sold out on return.. They do have flights from other cities to Avalon, but it may be cheaper, to fly to tullamarine, and then public transport it out to Avalon.
Old 7th March 2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran wells View Post
Gerard,
it really depends on where you are going to avalon from..It seems the JQ flights from sydney leave at 6am or 10am. The 7am flight has sold out, unless you want to pay $235 for a one way ticket! Again the late flight out seems to have sold out on return.. They do have flights from other cities to Avalon, but it may be cheaper, to fly to tullamarine, and then public transport it out to Avalon.
Thanks Kieran. I was looking to fly from Sydney probably as early as possible, and then stay the day, probably saturday and then fly back. Do you know what the public transport would be like getting from Tullamarine?
Old 7th March 2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard M View Post
Thanks Kieran. I was looking to fly from Sydney probably as early as possible, and then stay the day, probably saturday and then fly back. Do you know what the public transport would be like getting from Tullamarine?
No Direct bus between the two. Skybus it to Southern Cross Station, then get a Sunbus to Avalon Airport Direct. Will set you back prob $60~ return. Might miss your flight if the traffic is as bad as 07'
Old 7th March 2009, 05:33 PM

Foxtel has rain for all three days at the moment.
Old 7th March 2009, 05:35 PM

ABC news just had a report that the C-5 was actually bringing in fire retardant for the fires.

Does anyone know when it will be leaving or if it will be staying for the show?

Cheers

Gerard

Last edited by Gerard M; 7th March 2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 7th March 2009, 06:15 PM

Hi Gerard, I agree with Lukas- as this is the way i would have done it. Originally when I was looking at going down, I worked it out to be about $400 for the day, but that was about 6 weeks ago. Unfortunately I can't go now due to some of my plane photos are in a competition on that day - the Blacktown Show. Also to spend $400 in one day, when I'm looking at a new camera in the next month or so seemed just a bit much. Hope you enjoy yourself if you get there.

Kieran
Old 7th March 2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Skybus it to Southern Cross Station, then get a Sunbus to Avalon Airport Direct.
Skybus it to Southern Cross Station, take the train from Southern Cross to Lara and then catch the shuttle bus to Avalon. From memory last time, the trains leave every 20 minutes.
Old 7th March 2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard M View Post
On another forum they have said a USAF C-17, 05-5152 - Slew95, is going to Avalon, from Hickam via Richmond.
Does anyone know anymore about this and what time it will be passing through Richmond?
USAF C-17 departed out from Richmond eastbound over the city and down the coast today about 2pm. Callsign was ".... 81" and climbed really slowly. Heading south via Wolongong so I would assume thats heading down to Avalon.

Last edited by Tim Bowrey; 7th March 2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 7th March 2009, 08:19 PM

Can anyone down Avalon way provide a rego list of arrivals so far?