Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12th October 2010, 08:59 AM

Default Jetstar employee charged

Jetstar employee charged
http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdeta...storyID=183900

Last edited by Sean W; 12th October 2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12th October 2010, 10:04 AM

Radio jock probably got what he deserved if he's anything like some we have over here!!
Old 12th October 2010, 12:30 PM

But of course, as with all things Jetstar, all is not as it seems-

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...012-16gwh.html

"The counter staff member was not a direct employee of Jetstar but of Skycare, a contracted firm.

Skycare had stood the man down and was conducting its own investigation, which Jetstar was supporting, the statement said.

Old 12th October 2010, 02:35 PM

Greg, I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 12th October 2010, 06:20 PM

Default Typical Jetstar

Ohwell, It's Jetstar what do you expect? It's not only the first time it has happend with Jetstar. When i was on JQ492 NTL-OOL the other day, i had chewy all over my arm rest, my seat was broken, air-conditionding was broken it was like 50 degrees, technical problems with the safety instructions voice, delays what more could you ask for. I even told the head cabin crew and this is what she said: "Live with it". Great customer service. NOT! Flight back with virgin blue was completely different, Free Live'2'air Clean Aircaft, wider seats, attractive Nice and friendly, 30 minutes early arrival, much better airline than that ****, death, crap oh i mean jetstar.

So dont be suprised if this happens again.

Jack.
Old 12th October 2010, 06:58 PM

^^ Interesting first post there mate ^^

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images
Old 12th October 2010, 07:55 PM

Never had a problem with Jetstar. Always friendly if you follow the well known rules.
Old 12th October 2010, 09:58 PM

Default Give Jetstar a break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Melon View Post
Ohwell, It's Jetstar what do you expect? It's not only the first time it has happend with Jetstar. When i was on JQ492 NTL-OOL the other day, i had chewy all over my arm rest, my seat was broken, air-conditionding was broken it was like 50 degrees, technical problems with the safety instructions voice, delays what more could you ask for. I even told the head cabin crew and this is what she said: "Live with it". Great customer service. NOT! Flight back with virgin blue was completely different, Free Live'2'air Clean Aircaft, wider seats, attractive Nice and friendly, 30 minutes early arrival, much better airline than that ****, death, crap oh i mean jetstar.

So dont be suprised if this happens again.

Jack.
Hey Jack,

It was Jetstar's oldest aircraft. And the flight attendant cannot do anything about the broken seat and aircon, or even the chewing gum, during the flight. Did the chief purser just say 'live with it?' Or did she say, 'live with it, I am sorry?'
You have to remember that flight attendants are put under alot of stress these days...at least this one didn't have a major emotional breakdown.
Jetstar is probably among the best low-cost airlines in the world. It recorded rising profits this year, as well as Virgin Blue and Qantas.

Nice to see you've joined the Sydney Airport Forum
Old 13th October 2010, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie P View Post
^^ Interesting first post there mate ^^
I think it was sponsored by VB.
Old 13th October 2010, 07:30 AM

Jack, I wonder if the attitude displayed in your request for assistance was anything like the poor attitude displayed in first post on this forum?

I can't believe your post has not been deleted. You start of by saying that "This is not the first time to happen on Jetstar" and then tell us some 'story' about a negative experience you had! Did the flight attendant hit you?! You do not need to exaggerate (50 degrees in the cabin?). Every airline has issues with pre recorded announcements. I suppose you would like to see Qantas shut down after I tell you the safety demonstration did not play in two zones of a 747 recently and the situation had to be rectified?

And for the record, Jetstar's seats are the widest economy seats in the domestic market. And the softest too. Virgin's are over an inch narrower. But that is just mere fact.

Last edited by Gareth U; 13th October 2010 at 07:50 AM. Reason: To reflect upon the absurd.
Closed Thread