Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 13th October 2010, 07:56 AM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Little View Post
Nice to see you've joined the Sydney Airport Forum
Spoken like someone who's been here for ages...

Old 13th October 2010, 09:19 AM

All I'll say on this is just wait and see what the court hearing on Friday brings .... I think it's going to be interesting to see some facts rather than media reports from a known shock jock who is used to getting a rise out of people and who is expert at media manipulation.

Last edited by Lee G; 13th October 2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 13th October 2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
... so I am not sure how Jetstar is responsible for recruiting people of the 'wrong stuff'.
Andrew,

I agree with all you stated, except this. Jetstar IS responsible because they choose this method to fill positions as cheaply as they can. "All care, no responsibility", as shown by how quickly they released the information about the contracting firm.

Exactly the same as when they had the engine failure and diversion of the 330 to Bali. The first press release was very quick to point out that the Captain was a Qantas Captain (who was on secondment.) Why? Because it made them sound safer to the travelling public. Continue the illusion and mis-information. How insulting to those Jetstar pilots, and incredibly frustrating to Qantas pilots.

Scott
Old 13th October 2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel C View Post
Spoken like someone who's been here for ages...

Technically I have been here for a few months, but I haven't really been posting...I joined jetspotter.com as well :P
I know Jack from YouTube so it's nice to see him on here.

In relation to the OT, trust Air New Zealand to use this as an opportunity!

JetPhotos.net (1381 Photos)

Last edited by Brock Little; 13th October 2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 13th October 2010, 07:02 PM

Welcome Jack also Virginbluepilot27 << His youtube name.
Now you can attack/slag/moan at people on this forum
Just like you did on my youtube video, a JQ A320 Landing
....oh and I don't think you can display a copyrighted logo on here as your avatar either

Small sample.....................
Virginbluepilot27
f** off. i no a hell a lot about planes especially virginblue. its not my fault jetstar has cancelled 11 flights of mine and 9 are 3hrs late. i have NEVER been late with virgin. seriously Jetstar are crap they have **** food, service cabin crew. They should get a brain like u. I do and im smart face it 2 words: JETSTAR SUCKS!

Last edited by Greg F; 13th October 2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 13th October 2010, 07:57 PM

Well done Greg, another one exposed. At least this one didn't say he was a 744 Captain.
Old 13th October 2010, 09:30 PM

again, it is worthwhile to question the report by the media first and ask questions before you accept the report as facts or make any judgements.

As mentioned before the check-in staff is not an employee of the airline but a staff of a ground handling agent. For example most (if not all) foreign airlines that fly into Sydney use 3rd party ground handling. Check-in staff at BA, VS, TG, UA, DL, SQ, CZ (to name a few) are employed by 3rd party ground handlers. The only staff employed by the airlines at the airport would probably be the station manager or client airlines rep. In other words airlines pay 3rd party ground handlers to handle their customers and ramp operations at outports.

Secondly the report mentioned that the assaulted passenger 'arrived late for a flight' but fails to mention what led to the altercation. One can quickly deduce a few possible scenarios that could have taken place prior to the assault:
1. Pax was denied boarding as check-in has closed
2. Pax may have verbally abused and intimidated the check-in staff to the extent the check-in staff lost his composure.

Point 1 and 2 above and not at all uncommon in the airport environment as some passengers have very little to no respect for airline staff.
Old 14th October 2010, 11:57 AM

OK kiddies take a breath.

Here is the simple facts of the matter.

Joe public does not know who works for Jetstar or Menzies or any other third party employed by an airline. If they see a uniform of any airline, whether it be JQ, QA, BA or other, they associate that person wearing that badging with that airline, and the airline entrusts their service, reputation and business with that person. Any airline that fobs it off by saying that they are an employee of another company obviously has issues with their percieved public value of their image and reputation,

The guy hit a passenger (allegedly) . END OF STORY. There is no justification for assault. The fact that the work has been charged indicates to me that in the eyes of the law, there was no self defence in play(?).

Regardless of whether the passenger was rude, annoyed, abusive etc etc etc, there are people trained in the airport to handle those situatons, and if he was under threat, he should have called for them.
Old 14th October 2010, 03:32 PM

Andrew, why can you bag other airlines (by way of you post any possible bad press on them), but when someone tries to bag Jetstar, you fight for hell and leather?

Asking the same as Liam, do you work for Jetstar?

Cheers

Mick
Old 14th October 2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Adrian,

Item one: Are there any media reports where Jetstar has specifically quoted the GHA is/was responsible and/or dismissed Jetstar's responsibility, or 'fobbed' as the term you've described?

I never mentioned media reports Andrew, please re-read my post in that regard. I was refering to posts made in this thread. D Chan I think, even your own post:
Quote:
...understand that this sort of behaviour is brand damaging for Jetstar ...
Also note that the article mentions a statement from the Police:

Quote:
A spokeswoman for Counties Manukau police said a man, who represents Jetstar, had been arrested and would appear in the Manukau District Court on Friday
Counties Manukau police did not return calls yesterday but Jetstar confirmed in a statement that police were investigating.

The counter staff member was not a direct employee of Jetstar but of Skycare, a contracted firm.

Skycare had stood the man down and was conducting its own investigation, which Jetstar was supporting, the statement said

I made the statement about fobbing off, I did not suggest that they did, I merely made the statement that in the world of outsourcing, companies can be very quick to push issues to blame third parties in an attempt to divert the customer frustiration. Take the point of the VB check in issues. VB even go as far as including statements from Navitaire in their press release, and add statementes from their third party providers about the issue. (VB Press release October 2, 2010)

Joe black doesnt care about Navitaire, they are flying VB.!!!
Quote:
Item two: I don't think anyone here has condoned the actions of this representative and (if proven as true) are completely inappropriate (and I've always held that position).

However, none of the facts you state in item two, have been proven - they're all based on media reports and 'quotations', so I am not sure it is fair and appropriate for anyone to pass judgment until these details are made available - that's my only position in this debate.
Hence the word allegedly.
Quote:
Being arrested or even charged with a crime and/or attending court does not constitute a finding of guilt...
I never said it did, I agree.
Quote:
I do have a question however – as per the media report - “Stables later travelled to Wellington, where he was treated for concussion, bruising and cuts” – why would he have not been treated in AKL? Why travel to Wellington (later in the day) and then be treated for concussion, bruising and cuts? I find that somewhat bizarre…
Quote:
You would have to ask him that, but I agree

Quote:
I'm defending the individual’s right to fair and balanced investigation into the matter - everyone deserves that right...
No argument here.
Closed Thread