Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th April 2009, 12:10 PM

So it only ops on about 5 days in May.
Old 12th April 2009, 01:02 AM

Maybe now it should be a good chance for CX to grab some market shares from SQ as heaps Krisflyers I know of aren't happy with SQ's recent moves here in Australia at all.

A lot of Krisflyers are very upset with the fact that SQ's recent promotions/specials don't attract Krisflyer mileage points at all despite the fact that these fares aren't all that attractive anyway.

Also, SQ's new credit card surcharge is really making some frequent flyers unhappy and the worst thing is that it currently only applies to Australia-originated bookings (includ. those booked via singaporeair.com [if choose Australia as the region and booking finalised in Australian currency]).

Regards.
Old 12th April 2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon L. View Post
Maybe now it should be a good chance for CX to grab some market shares from SQ as heaps Krisflyers I know of aren't happy with SQ's recent moves here in Australia at all.
Regards.
And if you read some other sites flike Flyertalk, then a lot of CX flyers arent happy with CX currently either - quite a lot of cost cutting and shoddy service to be had.
Old 12th April 2009, 04:38 PM

Please refrain from quoting the whole previous post in your post, it is not necessary, thank you - mod

Somewhat true but in my opinion CX had never ever been very top-notch at least in Economy and Business. However, that's not the case for SQ, one of the airlines I was extremely loyal to (was a PPS Club member for a year, Krisflyer Gold for 4 years, used to take upto 35 SQ flight sectors annually but this figure went down to 6 in 2008) but disappointments grew over the years that I couldn't even be bothered with being a Krisflyer member nowadays. So, SQ's lower service standard and poorer product offerings really put a huge contrast to its past and it keeps downgrading that travelling on SQ flights in 3-5 years time may very well likely to be flying with a budget carrier. Currently, I still enjoy Star Alliance Gold benefits whenever fly on SQ (or any other Star Alliance member carriers for that matter) so couldn't care less about the Krisflyer anyway (due to my primary FFP now is with another Star Alliance carrier).

In fact, one "incident" with SQ back in 2007 really p**sed me off that I pursued for almost 7 months before a proper response was eventually offered by a senior manager at SQ's head office in SIN (and that was the result of turning to using personal contacts after first 5 emails/letters sent to various customer relations contact details listed publicly went unanswered), I believe for a so-called world-class premium airline that was simply unacceptable. As for CX, at least they do get back to me everytime despite the fact that I have only written to CX four times as I probably only takes 3-6 CX flights per year and they even called me to personally discuss the matter on one occasion with sincere apology and a very surprised birthday gift as compensation.

Regards.

Last edited by Simon L.; 12th April 2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 18th April 2009, 08:52 AM

Looks like CX161/162 is now cancelled indefinately from 3 MAY.

As noted they had planned to can the service for May only, but it has now been canned for the whole NS schedule.
Old 18th April 2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon L. View Post
Somewhat true but in my opinion CX had never ever been very top-notch at least in Economy and Business. However, that's not the case for SQ, one of the airlines I was extremely loyal to (was a PPS Club member for a year, Krisflyer Gold for 4 years, used to take upto 35 SQ flight sectors annually but this figure went down to 6 in 2008) but disappointments grew over the years that I couldn't even be bothered with being a Krisflyer member nowadays. So, SQ's lower service standard and poorer product offerings really put a huge contrast to its past and it keeps downgrading that travelling on SQ flights in 3-5 years time may very well likely to be flying with a budget carrier. Currently, I still enjoy Star Alliance Gold benefits whenever fly on SQ (or any other Star Alliance member carriers for that matter) so couldn't care less about the Krisflyer anyway (due to my primary FFP now is with another Star Alliance carrier).

In fact, one "incident" with SQ back in 2007 really p**sed me off that I pursued for almost 7 months before a proper response was eventually offered by a senior manager at SQ's head office in SIN (and that was the result of turning to using personal contacts after first 5 emails/letters sent to various customer relations contact details listed publicly went unanswered), I believe for a so-called world-class premium airline that was simply unacceptable. As for CX, at least they do get back to me everytime despite the fact that I have only written to CX four times as I probably only takes 3-6 CX flights per year and they even called me to personally discuss the matter on one occasion with sincere apology and a very surprised birthday gift as compensation.

Regards.
Perhaps in that case your expectation is too high and I don't think there any airlines out there that will please you. What can be so unacceptable to make you write 5 emails / letters and hold a grudge for 7 months. No matter what class you are in, you're still just the 1 passenger out of 300 pax on the flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Morrison View Post
And if you read some other sites flike Flyertalk, then a lot of CX flyers arent happy with CX currently either - quite a lot of cost cutting and shoddy service to be had.
Most airlines out there are cost cutting - I wouldn't be surprised if CX is cutting hard given its losses.
Old 19th April 2009, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Chan View Post
Perhaps in that case your expectation is too high and I don't think there any airlines out there that will please you. What can be so unacceptable to make you write 5 emails / letters and hold a grudge for 7 months. No matter what class you are in, you're still just the 1 passenger out of 300 pax on the flight.
For an airline that used to charge twice as much as some other full service carriers in Business- and First-Class I think anyone's expectations would be higher and I wouldn't have pressed the matter any further if my first few emails/letters actually got replied to (BTW, that incident caused me to spend quite a bit money to fix one of my electronic gadgets).

By the way is SQ so bad that they've to try limiting the use of priority luggage tags in order to save costs nowadays? One of my mates had ample SQ flights over the last 3 years and he said it's starting to become a regular thing for SQ check-in staff (or those GHA staff in out-stations) not to put any Star Alliance priority luggage tag when travelling in Economy as compared to the past.

I am not as picky as many other frequent flyers but there are things that I won't accept if the people or organisations concerned have shown little professionalism and "excellence in customer services (or service recovery)".

Regards.