Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Trip Reports
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th July 2023, 03:58 PM

Arrow REX - BNE-SYD-BNE - July 2023

Over the weekend of 21-23 July I took a trip down to Sydney and my first flights on REX.

ZL367 21/7 BNE-SYD

Arrived at the terminal with plenty of time up my sleeve thanks to some budget parking at Brisbane Airport, only Forty Five quid for the weekend!

On entering the terminal I went straight to bag drop, forgetting that despite having already checked in for 3A online I needed to get bag tags. Staff were quick on the scene to assist and guided me through the rest of the process. Within moments I was in line for a very efficient security screening and airside in the terminal. From parking to airside in around 15mins is commendable.

The inbound flight arrived on time. We boarded on time and were ready to depart the gate 10mins earlier than planned however Air Traffic Control were never going to let us sneak away early and cause 'slot chaos' in Sydney

We got away right on time and the flight was excellent from start to finish. I absolutely recommend the extra few dollars to get yourself a Rextra Legroom seat - the legroom was next level amazing!

No holding into Sydney and we disembarked right on time. Bags came through nice and quick meaning we could get on the beers just that little bit earlier than expected!

ZL368 23/7 SYD-BNE

Another beaut experience from start to finish. Check in was via the counter and because I'd arrived a little early there was no queue! Done and dusted in a matter of moments which gave me a chance to grab a few extra photos (UPS being the highlight!).

Inbound aircraft arrived on time. We boarded on time. We pushed back one minute early and were airborne off 16L not long thereafter. The views were great until it got dark. Service was fantastic and the staff kindly gave me a 'both options' meal!

I had chosen 4F for this flight and again the legroom available was worth the small additional cost ($10 from memory).

We arrived into Brisvegas on time and the only hassle was getting out of the airport parking, some folks were having a few challenges with the machines.

SUMMARY

Great flights. Great experience. Great price. Windows could be cleaner though.... I honestly think my window on the return flight had been licked clean
Old 25th July 2023, 09:42 AM

Nice report mate.