Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Trip Reports
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th September 2011, 07:00 PM

Default Trip Report: DJ BNE-SYD-BNE (photos)

Hi all,

Last Saturday I went to Sydney for the day with Virgin Australia as I managed to pick up some cheap fares. $59 each way for their daily Happy Hour sale. So all up with taxes included it cost me $127 which is very good. Would also be my first flight on a 737 sine I went to Canberra in 2007 and my first flight on a 737-800 since 2003 when I went to Fiji! I selected DJ912 to get me to Sydney which departs Brisbane at 0630 arriving in Sydney at 0800 and DJ965 to get me home which departs Sydney at 1700 and arrives in Brisbane at 1830.

I woke up at 0430 very excited for my third daytrip to Sydney this year Left the house at 0500 and arrived at the airport at around 0530. Had already done the online check in the day before so went straight to security and went through with no hassles and then up to the boarding gates. Had a look at the Qantas end first, was just the normal stuff and didn’t bother checking out the common user so went down to the Virgin section to see which gate my flight would be departing from which was gate 41 so went to my gate and saw VH-YFE there Awesome! Was hoping for a new one! So took a few photos of YFE looking fantastic in the morning light and then just sat down waiting to board.

A few photos of YFE

Parked at Gate 41, she arrived the night before from Melbourne

Sunshine Beach looking fantastic in the morning sun!

Very Nice!

Just after 0600 boarding commenced so I lined up, eager to get on board and see the new interior. People seated in row 13 to the back were told to board via the rear stairs while people in rows 1-12 were to board via the aerobridge. I was in row 12 but I wanted to go on the tarmac and get some photos so I used the back stairs

September 10, 2011
Virgin Australia
DJ912
BNE-SYD
VH-YFE “Sunshine Beach”
Seat 12F

Walking out to YFE

Her awesome tail, just love the new livery

On-board in seat 12F, parked next to YVA which had just arrived from Darwin

Best shot I could get of the new interior

Push back, just a few minutes behind schedule

Holding short of RWY19 while ZXF begins her take-off roll, she was also off to Sydney

RWY19

Got a video of the take-off, just having troubles uploading it to youtube from my phone

Turning left