Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th October 2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick F View Post
I've gone to other doctor's who charge you $220 for a consult,
Did that include the paternity test Flushy
Old 19th October 2008, 07:53 AM

Yeah, Chris is completely right (although it's actually 28 days), and so there seems to have been no change from the previous arrangements (CASR 67.205 refers).

There must have been some confusion at one stage about it, because I'm sure I received a communique from my employer to the effect that all medical re-certifications would now be based on the date of examination, and I remember reading a number of 'vigorous' discussions on Pprune and other forums regarding that change.
Old 19th October 2008, 08:19 AM

Will I think the confusion you're referring to was to do with the 'oldies' who had to satisfy the ICAO requirement for 6 monthly medicals. As these were not required by CASA, and were not within the 28 days, they renewed to the date of the medical every 6 months.
Old 19th October 2008, 08:29 AM

Ahh that's exactly what it was, thanks Chris!
Old 20th October 2008, 11:51 AM

Well my expiry date was on saturday, and the closest appointment i could get was next Thursday. (That's what happens when you leave things to the last minute I guess).

Does that mean i'll get 30th October as my new expiry date or will they back date it and I keep the same 18th October date? Not that I get to fly on a regular basis but that would mean losing nearly 2 weeks of flying.

I won't be leaving it to the last minute to book an appointment again.
Old 20th October 2008, 04:18 PM

Ahmet, in that case it would appear that the 'appropriate day' upon which your new expiry date is based will be the date of examination, rather than the pre-existing expiry date. So you'll get your full money's worth of medical certificate!
Old 21st October 2008, 07:45 AM

Thanks Will!

Because this is the first time i've renewed, do I have to wait till I get the certificate sent to me, or am I right to Fly straight away?

I'm assuming it would be the second option. Wouldn't it?
Old 21st October 2008, 09:18 AM

Ahmet,

Normally when you renew within 28 days prior to your medical's expiry date, the DAME will extend the validity by 2 months, and stamp/sign the certificate to that effect.

In your case, however, your medical has already expired. CASR 67.225 and DAME Handbook 1.3.4 allow the DAME to give you 2 months validity from the date of assessment, provided he assesses you within 3 months of the original expiry date on your medical certificate. As soon as he signs, stamps and re-dates your medical certificate, you can fly.
Old 31st October 2008, 06:58 AM

So........I had my medical done yesturday and passed with flying colours. Got my 2 month extension from yesturday, but when going to pay for my examination, after paying the $187, was given the CASA medical form and told to fill it out and send it to CASA with payment of the $75 CASA fee.

$187 for 1 hour of the Doctors time for a class 2 medical! I think it's time to become a DAME.
Old 31st October 2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
$187 for 1 hour of the Doctors time for a class 2 medical! I think it's time to become a DAME.
That's exactly what I'm trying to do If only getting into med was a little easier...