Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd February 2013, 06:20 PM

I thought it sucked because it was sensationalised claptrap.

And yes, I can fly upside-down. Under the Harbour Bridge at VMO on several occasions.

But I don't consider myself god's gift to anything. I'm just lucky to have a job that I enjoy doing. Still look forward to going to work after 25 years in the industry
Old 6th February 2013, 11:49 AM

Wish everyone would get over the flying stuff, that's not really what it's about. Sure they could have made it more realistic, but remember this wasn't a recreation of a particular accident.

He's not a "god", far from it. Shows that people in positions of responsibility can battle with demons such as Alcoholism like anyone else.

I thought it was a great movie and a great performance from Denzel Washington. John Goodman also plays a hilarious supporting role. Worth seeing.
Old 6th February 2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick B View Post
Wish everyone would get over the flying stuff, that's not really what it's about. Sure they could have made it more realistic, but remember this wasn't a recreation of a particular accident.

He's not a "god", far from it. Shows that people in positions of responsibility can battle with demons such as Alcoholism like anyone else.

I thought it was a great movie and a great performance from Denzel Washington. John Goodman also plays a hilarious supporting role. Worth seeing.
Here, here...

It's a MOVIE, not a documentary...

Next we'll all be pulling James Bond movies apart for being unrealistic...
Old 6th February 2013, 02:56 PM

m8, it really rustles my jimmies when people complainin about a movie being unrealistic. There are a reason that we have documentaries. I quite enjoyed it although the plot seemed a little bit predictable; Denzel played his role very well.
Old 17th February 2013, 12:41 PM

Agree mostly with some of the aforementioned comments..

The crash appears to mirror a real airliners crash, as some poster alluded to earlier... That being an md83 Alaska Airlines 261 off the coast of Los Angeles in 2000 which had a jackscrew failure and went down uncontrollably, at times inverted into the ocean killing all.

Dont think its worth your money nor 2 and a bit hours seeing it- Zero Dark Thirty is 10x better in my opinion
Old 12th March 2013, 04:58 PM

I just watched this movie and found it a fine movie. As with all movies they are not reality, except for United 93 that film was amazing. I am however quite picky with all movies regarding believability eg. the captain exceeding structural speeds to 'beat' a storm was just ridiculous. However the movie was about the captain's addiction to alcohol and cocaine, not so much about the actual crash.