Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st June 2010, 10:20 AM

Default Get Ready for a Change

Here comes one of the first significant changes of the Borghetti regime at VB:-

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...0620-yp7b.html

What comes of this speculation remains to be seen.
Old 21st June 2010, 10:46 AM

Interesting times!
Old 21st June 2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Mr Borghetti will outline a name change, thought to be Virgin Australia, which will bring Virgin Blue, V Australia and Pacific Blue under one brand.
If they are going to be changing the 'Brand' that they already have, whilst bringing all carriers above into the ONE BRAND, will that me a change of scheme on all aircraft or to one in particular? To V Australia's perhaps?? I personally like VA's scheme AS OPPOSED to an all red 77W that is!

Thoughts??

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images
Old 21st June 2010, 11:15 AM

names, uniforms, the tag of "flying circus"...
would think the major change will be going head to head with QF and leaving the middle lower holiday traveller to be ripped apart by eithe JQ or TT
Old 21st June 2010, 11:47 AM

I could be totally wrong here and please anyone correct me if im wrong but i believe Virgin Blue will get 787's or 767's over A330's.

This is from when DJ bought their new 737's
Quote:
The agreement includes 50 firm B737-800NG aircraft (with flexibilityto convert to either B737-700or B737-900), 25 additional firm delivery positions secured as options and 30 future purchase rights
Now I know this does not mean anything but kind of tells me that its going to be easier for them to modify a current contract and get aircraft sooner maybe? Im not sure.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Matt
Old 21st June 2010, 02:02 PM

If they admit Premium Economy has not worked for Virgin Blue, then why introduce Business Class? Whats the difference?
Old 21st June 2010, 02:25 PM

One look at the seat they call "Premium" is enough to turn any regular traveller off the concept totally.

Not sure the origin of the market research that suggested the idea would fly, however, JB might be well advised to pursue a refund. How could anyone in their right mind expect to generate significantly greater revenue from a seat that is ostensibly the same as the other 27 rows of 6 - except it's red (they go faster so I'm reliably told !) and has a natty little table in between my red seat and the next one. Pleaaaaassseee.

In all my travelling and that of friends/peers/colleagues in the past 24 months, I know of one person that graced a seat and that was a complimentary upgrade. On many of the flights I took, the front of the house was empty ! ! !
Old 21st June 2010, 03:30 PM

From the horse's mouth earlier this month:

"Business Class will no longer be the exclusive province of Qantas"

"Our push into the corporate market is aimed at providing us with more resilient higher margin business travellers,"

Borghetti said the "New Blue" plan is being finalised with results expected to be implemented in the next 12-18 months.

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/wi...earing-pr.html
Old 21st June 2010, 03:33 PM

Well, Brett may have made the 'Air Fare' but JB will bring real competition to the Rat.

Irish eyes will not be smiling!!

Payback can be such a B1tch!!!
Old 21st June 2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Emanuel View Post
. How could anyone in their right mind expect to generate significantly greater revenue from a seat that is ostensibly the same as the other 27 rows of 6 - except it's red (they go faster so I'm reliably told !) and has a natty little table in between my red seat and the next one. Pleaaaaassseee.
Many airlines in Europe do this very thing. BA short haul being a prime example. Of course the difference is the seat is the same colour as the other 100+ seats on the plane.