Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Trip Reports
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th December 2014, 06:55 PM

Default Tigerair BNE-CNS-BNE

Introduction:

Well I’m bored, so I figured I’d do a trip report for my Cairns holiday in mid-October. I had a $100 voucher for Tigerair, because I signed up for their “In-frequent flyer program”. It’s basically just something you sign up for and you are the first to know about sales. It was free to sign up for and as I was amongst the first lot of people to sign up, so I got a $100 flight voucher! I certainly wasn’t complaining! Tiger ended up giving away a few 1000 of these vouchers. Pretty awesome thing to do!

Brisbane is now a base for Tigerair. They operate flights from Brisbane to Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Darwin and Cairns. I had wanted to go to Cairns for a while to go spotting, so this was the perfect opportunity. The $100 voucher covered most of the airfares; I think I paid something like $50.

Brisbane Airport:

Since the trip was 2 months ago I have forgotten a few of the details. I had checked in online, so I just had to drop off the bag. Departure was around midday, before the flight I had a walk around the terminal.

VH-EBC flying for Qantas again!

Today I would be flying on VH-VNF for the third time!

October 13, 2014
Tigerair Australia
TT486
BNE-CNS
VH-VNF A320
Seat 26A

We took off on RWY01 and were soon treated to some lovely views of the coastline.

En-route to Cairns

Nothing to mention about the flight really. I spent most of the time on my tablet and enjoying the view outside. I didn’t buy anything to eat.

Descending into Cairns

On finals for RWY33

Belfast and DC-3 at Cairns

VNF parked at CNS

Cairns Airport:

After a good flight I picked up my bag and caught a taxi to the Colonial Club Resort, where I would be staying for 4 nights. I just relaxed at the resort for the rest of the day.

Tuesday, 14 October:

I spent the whole day spotting. I walked from the resort to the lookout which took about 45 minutes. I was going to catch a cab, but it wasn’t too hot so I figured I’d be alright. I didn’t go up the red arrow trail as I had heard that it is a real hike! So I just went to a lookout I had heard about. It’s about a 10 minute hike from the bottom to the lookout.

VH-VKF arriving from Melbourne

Great view!

JQ A320s arriving

Jetstar Dreamliner’s departing to Japan