Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > International Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th August 2009, 07:06 PM

Default Kenya Airlines

My wife may need to travel to Kenya later in the year. One cheaper option is via Malaysian and Kenya Airlines. I had a look at Skytrak re Kenyan and it doesn't appear overly good. Does anyone have any direct experience ?
Old 29th August 2009, 03:38 PM

I can't comment on Kenya Airlines (although i did go through some reviews, I certainly wouldn't fly them), but what about Qatar Airways?

They fly to Nairobi and also from just about anywhere in Asia (and Melbourne as of December too).

Generally pretty cheap too (from Asia at least), eg I just put in some dummy dates for KL -> Nairobi in Feb and got $1080 AUD return.

Flew Qatar last month SIN-DOH-ATH and was please with all sectors, nothing went wrong at all really, a slight delay out of Athens due to ATC, but that's it, all bags were fine and staff friendly.
Old 30th August 2009, 01:56 AM

Don't have any direct experience with KQ, but I'd be taking anything from SkyTrax with a hefty grain of salt, I'd even throw in a pinch of pepper..
Old 31st August 2009, 08:59 AM

I haven't flown on them before but I have booked them for clients, its pretty much the cheapest way to Nairobi and from feedback from clients they are ok. Service and aircraft are not as nice as say SA or QF but I'm going to use them to NBO later in the year to give them a go.
Old 11th September 2009, 01:57 PM

at HKG - off to MNL

note on the boards yesterday's Kenya Airways which was due to depart at 21.45 last night to BKK-Nairobi, is late and now scheduled for today at 15.00

hope it is not common

Banjo