Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st June 2014, 03:47 PM

Default EK424 DXB-PER 20/6

Looks like the pax on EK424 DXB-PER had a fun ride.

Diverted last night to ASP due fog I assume. Then ended up in ADL, now finally en-route to PER!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A6ECC
Old 21st June 2014, 04:55 PM

I'd be keen to know how many pax actually had to stick with the aircraft, vs. being rebooked on QF domestic out of ADL.
Old 21st June 2014, 04:59 PM

Radi,

It is actually the flight from yesterday 20/6/14. It arrivied into Adelaide at 0740 on Friday morning from Alice Springs which it stayed on the ground for just over around 1 hour due to bad fog in Perth. A6-ECC finally departed Adelaide today 21/6/14 at 1225.

My Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53284949@N05/
Old 21st June 2014, 05:18 PM

I wouldn't think that ASP had facilities for international flights, such as customs and immigration, if so, what provisions would there be? Would they have to stay within the airport? Would they be allowed to go to a hotel for the night(considering someone might make a run for it in the night and illegally enter Australia!)
Old 21st June 2014, 07:17 PM

Alice doesn't have border agencies unless pre-arranged (ie they wouldn't have been there for the EK flight. That would be the reason for positioning to ADL. Not sure what happens if the crew timed out yesterday...
Old 23rd June 2014, 09:30 AM

What really makes it interesting when these heavies come to Alice is the fact that most of the time they arrive outside the tower open times. Normally the crews are not used to operating in a CTAF and it makes for interesting listening as Melbourne tries to give them a quick run-down of the required procedures and calls to make (Any Aussie crews usually know the drill)

We do have INTL facilities here, but as mentioned they are pre-arranged. They do get called on occasion to handle a diversion due to medical reasons and process the offloaded PAX, but I'm not sure how well they'd handle a full B777 or A380....
- PPL (C172/PA28)
- SBS-3+VirtualRadarServer