Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th November 2012, 03:49 PM

Default Booking and airfares question

Has anyone had any luck getting airfares on sale for a one way flight from another country to Australia and/or domestic flights within another country?

EG. I want to fly from Sydney -> Auckland, but coming back to Sydney from Queenstown. On Air New Zealand, it gives me the current sales special price to Auckland but not back from Queenstown to Sydney.

You get sale price both ways for a 'normal' return flights but not multi-stop bookings.

What I want to know is when New Zealand has sales to Australia, can I purchase these deals as an Australian resident?
Old 20th November 2012, 04:35 PM

I can't specifically answer your question. However on my recent trip to Europe I booked all my intraeuro flights on Expedia.com.au.

I found making a seperate booking for each sector was cheaper then making one booking. For some of the sectors I crossed checked the quote provided by Expedia with the airlines direct webfare and found Expedia to be cheaper.

Hope that helps a little.

Cheers

M
Old 20th November 2012, 11:30 PM

In the case you are looking at its either the sale isn't valid from Queenstown, is sold out, or is not on sale in the New Zealand market.

If it is valid the only way to buy it is from a travel agent, as the fares can be mixed on a half return basis. That is if it is an actual return airfare and not simply two one way fares in the same PNR.

The Air NZ website sells it one way, based on NZ market airfares. That is to say it is not available to Australian residents from the website.

SO unless you do a standard return airfare online, where it should price everything on an Australian market airfare a travel agent is the only way to buy it.

Hope thats of some help!

Flown:
Boeing, Airbus, Douglas, Bombardier, De Havilland Canada, Ilyushin, Yakovlev, Tupolev, Shorts, ATR, McDonnell Douglas, Fokker, Embraer, British Aerospace, Antonov.