Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th April 2008, 08:52 PM

Nope not fully flat, which is why the QF J product is pretty poor when compared to AC, NZ, and many others.

The Skybed II on the A380 will be fully flat !
Old 28th April 2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post

The Skybed II on the A380 will be fully flat !
I thought that the new ones were being fitted into B744 and others??
Old 28th April 2008, 08:59 PM

Nope, not onto the B744 or A332/3

So the add is incorrect, with the fully flat skybed, the way I look at it!

The disclaimer when the flat skybed is showing says only available on A330-200, A330-300 and B747-400 services, subject to last minute changes....
Old 28th April 2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Nope, not onto the B744 or A332/3

So the add is incorrect, with the fully flat skybed, the way I look at it!

The disclaimer when the flat skybed is showing says only available on A330-200, A330-300 and B747-400 services, subject to last minute changes....
You don't have too much positive things to say about the QF product do you Andrew? But in any case the Skybed (MKI for want of a better word) is indeed a flat bed, it is just at an angle, as is the case with many other carriers including, shock horror the Raffles Class bed on SQ. (744, 772, 335 etc).

Just because Qantas choose to show the new product doesn't mean it is false advertising. All arilines advertise their new products even though they are not 100% across the fleet.
Old 28th April 2008, 10:43 PM

Was waiting for the predictable response to my QF comments . Skybed MKII will be good, but I still much prefer a more private suite, such as AC and NZ. But as I have said in other threads if QF had that type of product in business class it doesn't leave much room left for first class. So as a result Skybed II will be a compromise.

As for QF - I defend them at times, I have said before that their domestic J food is superior to AC's international J food. That says alot really!

As for showing a fully lie-flat product which wont be offered on the 744, A332 & A333 on the add I think it's pretty poor from! So I don't have MANY positive things so say about the add at the moment. QF's website however correctly shows the A380 with the new bed and the others with the angle bed. So I give them credit for that!

But then again only a few select geeks like myself will actually pick up on that However, other airlines that advertise their newer and superior product usually have a accurate disclaimer as far as I have seen.

Back to the topic, not 100% sure about this advertising/marketing campaign.

The World's Most Experienced Airline

No big impact like any of the other campaigns and using it in North America, not sure that people will care. Then again I don't work in marketing and didn't conduct the market research which I am sure that QF has.

Personally promote the A380
Old 29th April 2008, 01:09 AM

Well it´s another one of those slim and well-behaved ads and TV-commercials you find almost everywhere. Made to suit the business travellers.
I would have liked it more on the resolute side, with a clear Australian touch and flavor. Perhaps with a joke or two.

Cheers
Old 29th April 2008, 10:08 AM

I thought the add was well put together and the backing track was well suited to the style of the add.

VK2HSS
Old 29th April 2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:

A good point!

Why didnt they use an A380 instead of a 744 at the end!

Perhaps they will change it when they get delivery?
Old 29th April 2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
No big impact like any of the other campaigns and using it in North America, not sure that people will care. Then again I don't work in marketing and didn't conduct the market research which I am sure that QF has.

Promoting the A380 would be a good call I think, though I think that might come sometime down the track before the first a/c is delivered...

I think the word 'experience' is very 'convenient' concept to use and easily adaptable to what Qantas wants to be seen as. Experience goes well with their origin from Longreach / outback Australia, it goes well with safety record, goes well with things like flight training, service delivery (in the cabin) etc.

it's a pity though that real aircraft weren't used in the ad footages.
Old 30th April 2008, 10:07 AM

Maybe the A380's are delayed so this is the alternative adversiting strategy....

Watched the add again, defaintely not as good as the previous marketing campagins.

I would rather fly V Australia with a few months expereience (once they actually start flying) than Qantas if the product is the same and the price is cheaper.

1 year or 80 years doesn't mean much to me, my deciding factors when booking flights ranked in order from most important to least important

Features & Quality of the product - A380 should have an edge over the 773 from V Australia, although J class I think will be better on V Aust as it will be a nicer suite setup similar to AC/NZ.

Price

FF Program/Rewards

Longetivity of the airline - For me QF/DJ/JQ/V Australia - All the same, we are not talking about a no name airline starting up with a risk of going under