Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th August 2013, 12:06 PM

I had the CBR-DRW thought as well but with that route being over 3100km and the 717HGW range being just over 3800km wouldn't there be parts of the year when load penalties would start to creep in? PER would be too far against the wind but I think ADL is a given at some point from CBR. I'd see HBA-ADL and HBA-SYD (increase frequency without a massive jump in capacity, if that's what they're looking for).

I don't see the CBR-based aircraft (which are JY configured) doing SYD-GLT, perhaps one of the BNE-based but the routing would have to be BNE-GLT-SYD-GLT-BNE which mightn't give them the departure times they want.
Old 12th August 2013, 01:20 PM

Here's hoping QF replace the overnighting Q400 in HBA with a 717. VA must be laughing all the way to the bank with that ridiculous decision.

Any chance we'll see the 717's make a return to LST?
Old 12th August 2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam W View Post
Rumour has it that when the 767s are retired the Q streaming iPads will be transferred to the 717 fleet.
Maybe they will be transferred to the existing fleet, because the press release was talking about the extras coming soon having the 'latest IFE' fitted.

Don't think 5, or any for that matter non refurb 767's will be leaving before the 5 'new' 717's arrive.