Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st September 2008, 03:03 PM

Default New Air NZ interiors on A320s/763s

Sounds quite swish and will give QF a run for their money on their 767/737 services.

Quote:
Air New Zealand launches new product across A320s and B767s
Monday, September 01, 2008

Air New Zealand has just launched its brand new cabin product, set to be introduced for its entire A320 and B767 fleets, including new seats and entertainment systems.

With the first refurbished plane to be launched next Tuesday, the fleet will be gradually updated until completion in December, when all services to the Pacific and Australia will use the new cabins.

“We’re also introducing the new Space+ seats in the fleet,” says Bex Kitchen, Air New Zealand Product/Pricing Co-ordinator. “Found in the first six rows of economy class, they offer our frequent flyers more room, at no extra charge.”

Space+ seats offer a 35" pitch, whereas the rest of economy will come in between 31" and 33". Space+ won’t be a ‘premium economy’ product, it will still be an economy offering albeit with more legroom.

“Our new entertainment product will have gate-to-gate on demand video,” adds Ms Kitchen.

With new nine inch screens, the revamped video-on-demand systems will offer more television programs, as well as new release movies than before. The new systems will also have USB jacks so passengers can view their own photos and PDFs from their personal screen.

All plane interiors will be refreshed as well, across their 12-strong A320-200 fleet and 5-strong B767-300ER fleet.
Old 1st September 2008, 04:07 PM

I've experienced the new Space+ in their 733's. It's great, especially the front row on the left hand side.

They've removed row 1 on that side to create the extra space, with the result that there is now a massive space between row 2 and the bulkhead. I'm 6'0" and I can stretch my legs right out in row 2 without touching the bulkhead.
Old 2nd September 2008, 10:41 AM

Good news on all accounts.

The A320 interiors all appear quite worn on NZ.

Still would prefer more 777 flights between MEL-AKL/CHC though instead of the A320's.

That being said I usually get the 777/744 due to picking those flights.