Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Radar Spotting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd April 2010, 01:51 PM

Default Plotting aircraft on google maps - my site

Hi all,

Just after some feedback on a website i'm working on that will allow you to plot an aircraft on google maps. It has a long way to go but thought some of you might find it interesting.

http://www.flighttracker.gleff.com

I'll be improving the plotting function so that all aircraft will show, and will also use a custom icon that points in the direction that the aircraft is tracking. Will be a slow process though as I have to create 360 icons ;(

The site is very much a work in progress but you should be able to see it functioning. Just click on the Open Flight Panel tab and away you go.

The data updates every 20 seconds and if you click on an aircraft, it will auto pan to the new location every 20 seconds. My signal is very flaky though where I live so location data and aircraft come and go.

While I've never actually seen a squawk here in sydney of 7500, 7600, or 7700, the squawk code will flash if it comes across one for an aircraft.

The aircraft photos only work for one or two aircraft at the moment. It's not a bug though. I just want to get the site functioning properly before getting permissions for photos and adding them for specific aircraft.

The distance field isn't functional yet.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Regards
Geoff