Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Trip Reports
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th June 2014, 07:37 PM

Default Asia Trip Part 2: KHH-HKG-KUL-SIN-KUL-OOL (CI, CX, AK, D7)

As promised, here is Part 2 of my trip report from my Asia trip. Part 1 can be found here.

http://yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=10007

Part 1 includes my flights from OOL-KUL-HKG-KHH. Part 2 will include my flights from KHH-HKG-KUL-SIN-KUL-OOL.

Kaohsiung International Airport:

After five fantastic days in Taiwan is was sadly time to go. I caught a cab from my uncle and aunts place to the airport which took about 20-30 minutes. I got to the airport at around 5:30am. It was very busy at the time with around 10-12 flights departing between 0600 and 0800 from this relatively small international terminal.

Checking in was easy enough. The China Airlines counters weren’t too busy. Security and customs was very busy. They were only using the one x-ray machine at the time and not many counters open at customs for the morning rush so it took over half an hour to get through. I still had a bit of time before my flight left so I just wandered around the terminal.

Uni Air MD-90

Far Eastern Air Transport MD-82

China Airlines, Eva and Vietnam

I wasn’t feeling 100% that morning so after a quick wander around I just found a seat next to my gate. About half an hour prior to departure, boarding commenced.

June 4, 2014
China Airlines
CI933
KHH-HKG
B-18307 A333
Seat 29A
STD/ATD: 0740/0746
STA/ATA: 0910/0847
Flight Time: 1 hour 1 minute

Quick interior shot as I made my way to my seat

We pushed back on-time and made the quick taxi to RWY09 for departure.

Climbing out shortly after take off

Above the clouds as we make a nice right turn

Breakfast was served on this short 1 hour flight. Which was chicken and rice, and a piece of pineapple shortcake.

Pretty soon we were descending into Hong Kong.

Turning finals for RWY25R over Hong Kong

We were getting bumped around a fair bit on short finals and we had a pretty solid touchdown!

Cathay A343 following us

Hong Kong Airport:

After hopping off I found the check in desks for transiting passengers. Went to the Cathay Pacific desk and was checked in without any problems. My bag was already checked in straight through to KL. Security for transiting passengers was quiet, in fact there was no one going through so I was through to the departure gates very quickly! Now what should I do for the next 7 hours???

Cathay B77W B-KPL in Oneworld livery getting pushed back.