Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th June 2010, 11:33 AM

Default Air New Zealand issue at Lax

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can answer this as the issue was at LAX, but thought i would ask anyway. I was flying out of LAX around 11pm Friday 11/06 US time. I noticed as we where taxing out there was an Air new Zealand 747-400 sitting in the middle of the runway with emergency vehicles around it and the passangers where being exited from the plane down the steps to buses which where taking them to the terminal. It looked like it must of been a landing gear issue as there where a few people looking at the landing gear. Googled it this morning and found nothing.
Old 15th June 2010, 12:29 PM

Seems a regular event... Emergency Landing at LAX

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images
Old 15th June 2010, 03:10 PM

Cheers for that didnt think it was that serious as i couldnt find anything.
Old 15th June 2010, 04:44 PM

NZ1 (LAX-AKL) arrived at AKL 18 hours late on Sunday. I'm guessing this was the reason.

Last edited by David Ramsay; 15th June 2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Writer had brain fade!!
Old 16th June 2010, 10:05 AM

Further info from www.avherald.com

Quote:
An Air New Zealand Boeing 747-400, flight NZ-1 from Los Angeles,CA (USA) to Auckland (New Zealand), rejected takeoff from Los Angeles' runway 25R at low speed when the crew suspected tyres on the left hand main gear deflated. The airplane slowed safely and vacated the runway via taxiway G onto B, the crew requested the left hand brakes being checked because of hot temperatures. Later passengers disembarked via mobile stairs and subsequently were bussed to the terminal.

Foreign objects were subsequently reported on the runway around intersection with taxiway F and on taxiway F between the runway and taxiway B.

A replacement Boeing 747-400 registration ZK-NBU reached Auckland as flight NZ-1D with a delay of 18 hours.
Old 16th June 2010, 04:16 PM

Cheers for all the reply's guys. I did notice on the right when we where taking off in the parking bay there was a V Australia and a Air New Zealand 747 so that must of been ZK-NBU the replacement aircraft.