Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th February 2009, 02:41 PM

I thought this may be of interest - Luke Chittock won 2 economy class tickets on the A380 SYD/AKL/SYD flight on Friday.
Old 9th February 2009, 09:29 PM

A6-EDC was todays A380 flight,that makes all four in four flights. Do they have the 5th yet? if not does anyone know when the next is to be delivered?
Old 9th February 2009, 10:14 PM

March is next A380 delivery i belive
Old 10th February 2009, 07:18 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickN View Post
Wow, amazing pics.

Looks to be a HUGE amount of business class seating. What is the breakdown of number of seats in each class?
Great pics, Sam. How does the EK business class suite compare to the QF offering? Does QF have 1-2-1 layout with aisle access to each pax?
Old 10th February 2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Argy View Post
Great pics, Sam. How does the EK business class suite compare to the QF offering? Does QF have 1-2-1 layout with aisle access to each pax?

I belive it is 2-2-2.
Old 10th February 2009, 11:57 AM
Prolific Member

Also known as "Richie" class.

Last edited by Nigel C; 10th February 2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10th February 2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah C View Post
I thought this may be of interest - Luke Chittock won 2 economy class tickets on the A380 SYD/AKL/SYD flight on Friday.

Chuckie was supposed to be in Perfff with a badly gashed foot.The reason we were told he was not at the spotting weekend.
Old 12th February 2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarmad Al-Khozaie View Post
What was J class from your prepective like?

I'm heading to london in May..... and EK412 and 413 are in J class. sooo wanted a idea on what it was like or it will all be in trip report ?

I highly recommend window seat on Emirates Business Class on A380 if travel alone and the pair seat in middle. These seats are very well protected from the aisle with minimum intrusion from other passengers/FAs. The level of privacy are great on these seats. Overall I found the new Business seats to be superb, and just a little less wide, plush and less the wall divider than First Class (and of course no shower to pamper). The food and wine quality on Emirates are above Qantas and others. The onboard bar allows you to stretech and relax on the sofa seat to sip your cocktail, it is very roomy and can hold at least 10 or more people at one time.
Old 12th February 2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Argy View Post
Qantas A380 in Business, unfortunatly in my opinion, cannot be compared with the likes of Emirates. It simply lacks of privacy. Although Qantas is and will always remain the favourite of Australian Corporate, I certainly won't put my money on their inflight product offering when travelling on personal expense. The privacy provided on Emirates Business do feel like you're on your own big plane and Emirates put in extra perks like Limo transfer, Emirates Lounge buffet spread, Dubai Stopovers and generous Frequent Flyer miles earn and redemption.

Furthermore, The fully flat Business seat on Emirates can allow (my estimate) a 195cm tall person sleep without touching the wall in front. (where Etihad's seat are a little short for me , I am 1.85)
Old 12th February 2009, 08:42 PM

Evening all,

Due to the late arrival of EK 413 from Auckland (due at 2220). EK413 to Dubai has been cancelled, therefore the A380 will be overnighting in SYD tonight and is due to depart at around 1130 tomorrow morning as EK413D.

Which means tomorrow if you are lucky may be 3 different types of the EK fleet on the ground at once, This could be a fiorst and rare thing on Australia shores:

1x A380 (EK413D)
1x B77W (EK418)
1x B77L (EK412)

My Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53284949@N05/