Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th August 2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
got himself arrested on arrival
The man was "taken by police" for questioning and was not charged
Old 26th August 2009, 09:48 PM

On the 747 you can pull the handle nearly 90 degree's of movement when the aircraft is pressurised. I think you only need 2psi and you can't open any door. It is somewhere on the old forum when I did work it out exactly.
Old 30th August 2009, 08:13 PM

I was on a Gulf Air flt to Sydney a few years ago when a similar situation occurred. The gentleman, a former prominent public servant, had early onset dementia and the slight oxygen deprivation caused him to become unsettled, trying to open the doors, pacing around, sitting in other seats, even lewd suggestions to one passenger. His poor wife didn't know what to do. They tried giving him his sedatives, and he slept for about 30mins. The staff handled it superbly trying to humour him and keep him occupied. If it had got out of hand I'm sure we have diverted.
After we landed he was back to normal and didn't remember a thing. The crew and passengers wished him well

And no, they didn't arrest him and slap him in irons. It was the beginning of a tragic end for very intelligent man.