Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > International Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th January 2009, 09:58 PM

Default Angry Virgin Pax emails Branson regarding poor food...

See http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/...014090,00.html for photos for this one - its worth it. I certainly wouldn't like to be eating these meals....

Quote:
VIRGIN boss Sir Richard Branson has thanked the author of a 1000-word tirade - complete with embarrassing photos - that slates food onboard a Virgin airlines flight as a "culinary journey of hell".

The anonymous email - which has whipped around the internet - is described by the UK Telegraph as one of the best airline complaints in the world.

Opening the lid of the main meal was like being given a "dead hamster as a Christmas present", it says.

The disgruntled passenger fired off the missive to Sir Richard after a disastrous flight from Mumbai to Heathrow on December 7 last year.

“Imagine being a 12-year-old boy Richard," the email says.

"Now imagine it’s Christmas morning and you’re sat their with your final present to open. It’s a big one, and you know what it is. It’s that Goodmans stereo you picked out the catalogue and wrote to Santa about.

“Only you open the present and it’s not in there. It’s your hamster Richard. It’s your hamster in the box and it’s not breathing. That’s how I felt when I peeled back the foil and saw this (see image 1).

The complaint continues: “…It’s mustard Richard. MUSTARD. More mustard than any man could consume in a month. On the left we have a piece of broccoli and some peppers in a brown glue-like oil and on the right the chef had prepared some mashed potato. The potato masher had obviously broken and so it was decided the next best thing would be to pass the potatoes through the digestive tract of a bird."

The passenger also complained about the size and “baffling presentation” of the "criminal" cookie he was served (see image 2).

“It appears to be in an evidence bag from the scene of a crime. A CRIME AGAINST BLOODY COOKING. Either that or some sort of backstreet underground cookie, purchased off a gun-toting maniac high on his own supply of yeast."

The dessert was just as bad, with the passenger asking: "What sort of animal would serve a desert (sic) with peas in (see image 3)?"

“I know it looks like a baaji but it’s in custard Richard, custard," the passenger wrote.

"It must be the pudding. Well you’ll be fascinated to hear that it wasn't custard. It was a sour gel with a clear oil on top. It’s only redeeming feature was that it managed to be so alien to my palette that it took away the taste of the curry emanating from our miscellaneous central cuboid of beige matter."

The onboard entertainment also copped a pasting thanks to a “flickering” television screen (see image 4).

The angry passenger then turns on the Virgin boss's eating habits.

“How can you live like this? I can’t imagine what dinner round your house is like, it must be like something out of a nature documentary.”

Sir Richard Branson telephoned the author of the letter and thanked him for his “constructive if tongue-in-cheek” email, according to London's Telegraph newspaper.

Paul Charles, Virgin’s Director of Corporate Communications, said Virgin was sorry the passenger had not liked the “award-winning” in-flight meals which he said was “very popular on our Indian routes”.
Old 28th January 2009, 07:04 AM

Great read couldn't stop chuckling.
Old 8th November 2009, 01:41 PM

Talking Bloody funny

Please refrain from quoting the entire previous post, thanks - mod

It's doing the rounds again, and is still just as funny!