Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th February 2013, 12:52 PM

Default T3 pickup question

Hi all, Just a quick question as to the best place to pick up family from T3 Qantas domestic, drive through by car, don't want to pay for parking. I can see the pick-up point they have made in between T2 & T3 but is there still anywhere to pickup outside T3 near the taxis ? Thanks in advance !
Old 4th February 2013, 04:06 PM

I think you can on the departures level only - T3 is not under control of the Sydney Airport Fine Police, so unless that has changed, tell them to go up to the Departures level. I thought there was also a waiting area on the arrivals (Between the car park and the taxi lane) where buses stop, I thought you could stop somewhere along there?

Anyone else can correct me but my understanding is the traffic control at Terminal 3 is just there to move people along (and fair enough) but not enforcing fines.
Old 4th February 2013, 04:15 PM

Smile

Steve, there is a waiting area between the two roads in the short term carpark. I think you can wait 10mins there without charge, or pay $7 for 30 mins with a coffee.

Your PAX will have to walk down to meet you.
Old 4th February 2013, 04:57 PM

Thanks Hugh and Sarah, I might just go the centre one and get them to walk up to it, not worth a fine even though its fun to stir up the HiVis wearing traffic organisers When we get the 2nd Airport up on the Central coast I'll be right on top of the parking for sure ;-)
Old 4th February 2013, 06:01 PM

The 10 min free in the middle is usually busy and you stll need a ticket to enter. Get them to call you only when they have thier bags or you will go over the limit (that is how they make the money). Go to the Maccs/Donuts/Chicken place at Ross Smith Ave before and then go to that area after they hve thier bags.