Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th March 2010, 04:37 PM

An awesome day! I got seat 1A on the charity flight which was cool. All the historic aircraft were awesome, seeing 'Connie' takeoff made the day even better.
29/3/24 QF2078 (TQH)
29/3/24 QF945 (VXA)
17/3/24 QF1268 (X4A)
17/3/24 QF1267 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1274 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1269 (X4B)
Old 28th March 2010, 04:40 PM

great day!
differentially going to future ones!
Old 28th March 2010, 06:22 PM

Great time, but given the queues, disappointed they closed the walk throughs at 1.00pm...
Old 28th March 2010, 06:56 PM

The RAAF were invited (begged) to attend but aside from the Hot Air Balloon, they were unable to assist!! A real pity - maybe next time!
Old 28th March 2010, 06:56 PM

Old 28th March 2010, 07:19 PM

Haven't in so many years had such an AWESOME DAY! Been on three different planes, with three different carriers (One of which, according to my ticket, was operated by Sunstate, the charity flight), had a close encounter with missing a flight but flight got delayed and we celebrated with Crown Lagers... all in all, awesome day out!

Also met a number of you off the board here, hope my crude blunt humour didn't make you stop and think!

Unfortunately I need to go to bed soon to make a 4:30am start for work, so will be posting my detailed trip report later, with plenty of shots.

Top work by all!
Old 28th March 2010, 07:23 PM

Great shots Andrew. Looks like it was a fantastic day.
Old 28th March 2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikha Ly View Post
Haven't in so many years had such an AWESOME DAY! Been on three different planes, with three different carriers (One of which, according to my ticket, was operated by Sunstate, the charity flight), had a close encounter with missing a flight but flight got delayed and we celebrated with Crown Lagers... all in all, awesome day out!

Also met a number of you off the board here, hope my crude blunt humour didn't make you stop and think!

Unfortunately I need to go to bed soon to make a 4:30am start for work, so will be posting my detailed trip report later, with plenty of shots.

Top work by all!
Glad to hear that you got back to Sydney safely. Though from looking at things, did Virgin combine your flight with the 5pm flight and give you VBK for the aircraft? Any chance you going to post a trip report??

It was a good day and enjoyed by all. Charity flight was definitely a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. The flight on OGQ was definitely different to Canberra as take off was so fast! All in all, nice but yes next time maybe a A330 to promote the new products?? :P

Alex.
Old 28th March 2010, 08:37 PM

Looked like a wonderful day guys, wish I were able to make it but unfortunetly I had to work....

Sydney Aviation Shop
Old 28th March 2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Lui View Post
The flight on OGQ was definitely different to Canberra as take off was so fast! All in all, nice but yes next time maybe a A330 to promote the new products?? :P

Alex.
OGQ felt heavier out of Canberra though, than it did out of Sydney where I reckon it probably rotated after 10 or 15 seconds of rolling takeoff (with awesome acceleration might I add). However, that again is just a subjective feeling. Not sure of the exact pax numbers (I heard 111 for the 562 back to SYD) but the flight back to SYD did seem slightly more crowded as compared to on the way in to CBR.

Yea, I sort of got the feeling that there was a bit of a stark difference between visiting the older 767 cabin and the newer Virgin 737 one with satellite TVs in every seat. Not to mention, the Virgin Blue F/As were actively promoting their onboard service as we were walking through lol, I did not get a chance to visit OGQ during the static display as the queues were too long but I reckoned it was just a hi-bye sort of thing much like the QantasLink Q400 (although I have to add the crew on OGQ were absolutely awesome).