Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th September 2008, 10:50 AM

Hi Mario

The rumour of it arriving on 21 September was wishful thinking by somebody on this site who thought it would be a great coup by V Australia to have its new baby arrive an hour or so before the QF A380 which would be eagerly awaited by thousands.

It would have been a nice little PR victory but not this time.
Old 20th September 2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby C View Post
Hi Mario

The rumour of it arriving on 21 September was wishful thinking by somebody on this site who thought it would be a great coup by V Australia to have its new baby arrive an hour or so before the QF A380 which would be eagerly awaited by thousands.

Let me guess. Shamel?
Old 20th September 2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby C View Post
Hi Mario

It would have been a nice little PR victory but not this time.
That would have been sensational if they could have pulled that off!
Old 20th September 2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
That would have been sensational if they could have pulled that off!
It would have been suicide in terms of PR to have even tried. Afterall what is more appealing to the media, a nice new Qantas A380 or another bloody 777.
Old 20th September 2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash W View Post
It would have been suicide in terms of PR to have even tried. Afterall what is more appealing to the media, a nice new Qantas A380 or another bloody 777.
Ummmmmmmm

The A380 is just another bloody plane to and for those in Economy no difference really, except for the snack bar which won't go that well down the back of the bus. Expect it to not be stocked that well after a few months due to people taking way too much back to their seats.

Appealing to the media - A brand new Aussie (....) airline operating to the USA to give some competition to Qantas!
Old 21st September 2008, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash W View Post
Let me guess. Shamel?
As excited as I am about VA, I just went along with solid information that was given here, not wishful thinking from some other member.

And besides, from a marketing standpoint it would be a disaster to try and pull off such a stunt. Even a big VA enthusiast like myself would be shaking my head in disappointment if VA tried to steal QFs limelight today with a suprise arrival. It would be viewed as petty and immature that they didn't give QF their respect, time and space to celebrate their new aircraft.

I'm sure VA would want the stage all to themselves!!
Old 21st September 2008, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameel Kumar View Post
As excited as I am about VA, I just went along with solid information that was given here, not wishful thinking from some other member.

And besides, from a marketing standpoint it would be a disaster to try and pull off such a stunt. Even a big VA enthusiast like myself would be shaking my head in disappointment if VA tried to steal QFs limelight today with a suprise arrival. It would be viewed as petty and immature that they didn't give QF their respect, time and space to celebrate their new aircraft.

I'm sure VA would want the stage all to themselves!!
Exactly and that was the point I was trying to make. The arrival of the first Qantas A380 is much more news worthy than the arrival of V Aust 777. The first flight of the 777 will, in time be news worthy though and that should be the ideal time for V Aust to shine.