Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which aircraft - Qantas A380 or V Australia 777
Can't wait for the Qantas A380 47 50.00%
Can't wait for the V Australia 777 37 39.36%
I can't decide 10 10.64%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd August 2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel C View Post
Perhaps I'm just a party pooper, or perhaps I've been looking at them for too long, but neither really sparks much interest for me.

I see B777's all day, and the A380 is just another plane now, barely raising a look from me. A change in colour scheme doesn't change much for the way I look at them.

Now, if one of those F15's at Williamtown came down...
Yeah, you're a party-pooper!
Old 22nd August 2008, 08:53 PM

Jennifer Hawkins + Stephanie Rice = EXCITEMENT !

A380 + B777 = aeroplanes

(Perhaps my priorities are changing as I get older)
Old 22nd August 2008, 09:06 PM

I am sitting on the fence...Both will look great in aussie skies. first aussie 777 is going to be awesome. I am happy with the livery as will. the union jack it a nice touch.
Old 23rd August 2008, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby C View Post
Jennifer Hawkins + Stephanie Rice = EXCITEMENT !
But similar competition as involved here!

However, I do think Jennifer Hawkins has the better.. livery..
Old 23rd August 2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke P View Post
But similar competition as involved here!

However, I do think Jennifer Hawkins has the better.. livery..

Well it's best to compare Jennifer Hawkins & Stephanie Rice in terms of looks, because it wouldn't even be a contest if you compared the aesthetic appeal of the QF A380 against the VA 77W.

Apart from the fact that I'll finally get to fly on my fav' aircraft, I'm actually really looking forward to seeing VA's customer service during the flight. Having experienced QF's and NZ's cabin crew (both of which were great, though NZ crew were a tad nicer)... I look forward to seeing how Virgin Blue apply their 'fun and enjoyable' experience onto their long-haul product because on a 13+ hour flight a bit of humour sure does go a long way.

But in terms of the question posted at the beginning of this thread, I'm absolutely jumping out of my skin waiting for VA's first bird to touch down in SYD.. while I'm looking forward to QF's A380. Believe me, BIG difference there in emotions.
Old 23rd August 2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty H View Post
V Australia B773W but hey Im biased

Not the word for it.
Old 23rd August 2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Rowe View Post
Not the word for it.
Speaking of a party-pooper...
Old 23rd August 2008, 12:41 PM

Hi Shameel

I don't want to be a party pooper but I experienced new Emirates B777-300s between Dubai and Rome two years ago.

Other than being a new type in my logbook, there wasn't anything particularly special about the aircraft, service or amenities. It was what one would expect in a fully loaded aircraft and the service was no better or worse than other major airlines.

I expect that VAustralia will pull out all stops in the first few month's of its operations but the standard will probably taper off after then if it follows Virgin Blue's pattern.

I flew with VB several times in its early days and excluding the lack of IFE and meals, the antics of the cabin crew was the only notable difference with Qantas and Ansett. The "hip, groovy, get down, outta sight" attitude wore a bit thin after a while and on later flights the crew appeared to be going through the motions and not really committed at all, often talking amongst themselves when serving "guests". It seeme to me that it had all become a bit of a chore.

I haven't flown with VB for several years but will be doing 3 sectors with them shortly so it will be interesting to see the changes if any.
Old 23rd August 2008, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Rowe View Post
Not the word for it.

Sorry for being pretty pumped about the airline that I work for is growing and getting new aircraft, I will consult you before I post next Ray
Old 23rd August 2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby C View Post
Hi Shameel

I don't want to be a party pooper but I experienced new Emirates B777-300s between Dubai and Rome two years ago.
Hehe, thanks for the heads-up Bob.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not under any illusions that the B77W is some revolutionary experience for passengers, or that V Australia will provide a new era of air travel... I know that ain't going to happen on either front.

I'm just genuinely excited about V Australia because there's something new on the horizon in terms of an Australian international carrier and also something new across the Pacific. Over the past 3 years I've done numerous trips across the Pacific with NZ, QF and even JQ (to HNL)...and as fun as it is flying with them, having a new and exciting airline like VA enter the route is just great..and that's exactly why I've booked a return trip with them towards the end of the year.
Also, the B77W is my favourite aircraft for a number of reasons, so the fact that I will finally get to fly it will be great eventhough I doubt it'll be any different of an experience to the numerous 777-200ER flights I've had with NZ.

It's just more the novelty of seeing the birth of a new and exciting airline, and seeing them choose the 77W. If VA had a leaderboard for their most excited enthusiasts, I'd be right up there at the top.

Exciting times ahead for VA, travellers who fly across the Pacific, and also for the Australian airline industry in general..... and oh, also exciting time for us spotters at SYD!