Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd December 2009, 03:28 PM

QF467 on Nov30 was a 763 operated by VH-OGS
Old 3rd December 2009, 06:40 PM
Banned

EBM was parked at gate 21 in MEL when I left at 1910.
Old 23rd February 2010, 04:27 PM

Heads up - VH-EBN is due to arrive on Thursday morning at 6:05am as QF6020. I flew on VH-EBM last week and the product is amazing.
Old 23rd February 2010, 05:11 PM

Anybody knows if I'm lucky enough to score it on next Monday's (01Mar) QF467?

Or would it not have entered service yet?
Old 25th February 2010, 06:26 AM

I flew EBM this week and the Y product is very nice, J looked very tight on seat pitch and the J seat reminded me on flying on an AA 757, that is a very square and wide seat but with little actual leg room.

The AVOD was great back in Y however I had an enthusiastic screen tapper sitting being me, who felt that the only way to get his screen to work was to bash it with his pen or stab it with his finger, making my entire seat move. He was also a flicker, changing channels every few minutes via the screen.

One question, the AVOD was turned off at the top of decent but was already switched on at boarding time. Is there a specific CASA requirement for the top of decent switch off? It just left AVOD unavailable for the last 20 min of the flight. There was also no safety video, just audio and the flight path didn't show a moving map until we landed.
Old 25th February 2010, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin R View Post
The AVOD was great back in Y however I had an enthusiastic screen tapper sitting being me, who felt that the only way to get his screen to work was to bash it with his pen or stab it with his finger, making my entire seat move. He was also a flicker, changing channels every few minutes via the screen.
Agree with you there - you only have to touch the screen lightly, when people keep smashing it, which is not only annoying but can't do the screen any good either. They should have something on the screen on the menus to say 'touch the screen lightly'.

And EBN has touched down this morning on schedule.
Old 25th February 2010, 07:00 AM

Sarah as you would know no amount of signs will make people show any form of respect to equipment. The way some people treat aircraft really makes you wonder.

As for the AVOD one thing I have found annoying on the system in Qantas A380's (which I assume is in this A330) is that you have to double press something to make it play. Now I know that the first press selects the item in the menu so you can see the synopsis and the 2nd plays it but clearly some don't. Watch a guy in front of me try to start a movie for a good 5 minutes before he finally work out how to start it.
Old 26th February 2010, 03:07 AM

VH-EBN named " Clare Valley "
Old 10th June 2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post
as to airbags, CX A330 have them in all seats in Y, while CX 747 which use the same exact seat, do not have the airbags, must be some logic behind that

this relates to the molded back seats
now solved,

Cathay Pacific Airways and Air France have begun introducing seatbelt-mounted airbags in their economy-class cabins as authorities tighten regulations aimed at reducing the risk of fatalities in plane crashes.

obvious US vs European regulations