Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > International Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th February 2009, 08:06 PM

Default United to the US Economy Plus

Am planning a trip to the US and Canada later in the year and have got a really good deal with United in Economy plus. Since booking I have read more than just a few horror stories from airline review websites. Is United's product REALLY that BAD???
Old 9th February 2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh M View Post
Am planning a trip to the US and Canada later in the year and have got a really good deal with United in Economy plus. Since booking I have read more than just a few horror stories from airline review websites. Is United's product REALLY that BAD???
All the difference that their Economy Plus makes is more leg room and they try to keep the seat next to you empty, which cannot be guaranteed of course. Otherwise it's the same as regular United Economy.
Old 11th February 2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy S. View Post
All the difference that their Economy Plus makes is more leg room and they try to keep the seat next to you empty, which cannot be guaranteed of course. Otherwise it's the same as regular United Economy.
I think the seats have a little more recline in them as well don't they?
Old 11th February 2009, 08:24 AM

Red face United Airlines

Hi,

I remember seeing an United 747 here in Sydney and either they did a lousy paint job (it had the new colours but the nose part was still grey). I had a work colleague fly United to Boston last year and he said if a Qantas option was available he would have taken it. He said United were terrible. I've even had a travel agent say that United is not the best. If you are able to fly V Australia (if they will be running) I would take them. Also if you have a bit more time on your hands perhaps try Hawaiian Airlines. I flew with them at xmas and they were good.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:57 PM

I did SYD-LAX-SYD in UA premium economy in October last year.

The planes are old, staff are old but it was fine for what it was. Actually the cabin crew in my cabin were a joy, great sense of humour and couldn't help out enough.

The extra leg room was handy, I had a complete window row to myself so upped the arm rests and stretched out and slept as much as I could in both directions.