Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd November 2014, 10:39 AM
Prolific Member

Default When You Really Need A Drink

Plane 'taxied down main street to Newman pub

A 37-year-old man who witnesses said taxied his plane down the main street of a Pilbara town to get to the pub has been spoken to by police.

Police were called to the Newman Hotel about 2:00pm on Friday.

Witnesses told police the light aircraft, with its propeller running, had been driven from one end of town to the other.

The aircraft did not have wings.

Newman Sergeant Mark Garner said the incident was being treated very seriously because there were children walking home from school at the time.

He said police had CCTV footage and were speaking with the plane's owner.

"When we arrived we found a Beechcraft two seater prop-driven plane parked in one of the bays," Sergeant Garner said.

"There was no-one there. The wings were off the plane.

"We made some inquires with some of the people in the pub and witnesses nearby and ended up speaking to a 37-year-old male."

He said the fact that the plane did not have a steering wheel made the situation very dangerous, and the propeller could also have caused significant damage.

"The danger obviously taxiing a prop plane down Newman Drive, bearing in mind that kids have just come out of school," he said.

"It's a busy Friday afternoon. I know it's Newman but we do get a fair bit of traffic."

Witnesses have been asked to contact police.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-0...to-pub/5861970
Old 3rd November 2014, 11:32 AM

Ha ha! it's dangerous because there's no steering wheel?!? You steer light aircraft with your feet!

If I could work out how to I'd post pics of a Cessna I parked in a carpark of a pub in outback SA between the 4x4s. And that one had wings.
Old 3rd November 2014, 11:55 AM
Prolific Member

from abc