Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29th April 2014, 12:10 PM

Default Qantas Fleet U/S

Hi All,

What is going on with the Qantas International Fleet, in particular the A380's?

I ask this, as during the past month or so, several Qantas A380's (OQI, OQE, OQD, OQK, OQL) have gone U/S in LAX, Hong Kong and Dubai.

Currently OQE (operating QF10 to Melbourne Departed LHR 26/4) has been stuck in Dubai for the past few days, unable to return.

This also is now creaping into the A333's, (with QPJ) having issues in Hong Kong.

I don't want to get into a arguement about unions and Maintenance, but trying to understand why!!

Why hasn't QF sent an aircraft to rescue QF10 passengers stuck in Dubai for several days? OR Why they haven't ask Emirates to ferry home passengers?

To me, this is bad PR for Qantas for not acting on this sooner.

Stuart
Old 29th April 2014, 01:25 PM

Surely they haven't left them there for days and they would have been moved to other flights, what kind of airline would do that. Oh that's right, they did ground the whole airline at one stage with no regard for its pax so maybe they are still stuck there!
Old 29th April 2014, 03:18 PM

Have a look at the Aviation Herald, it not only Qantas ALL airlines have issues
Old 29th April 2014, 03:32 PM
Prolific Member

Stuart, you don't happen to work in the tabloid media by chance? That thread title is something the tabloids would likely have splashed right across the front page.
Old 29th April 2014, 06:47 PM

I doubt EK have many empty seats with which they can bring the QF pax home, many flights into Australia are 100% full this week, end of a good Easter/Anzac day break and school hols, many people are coming home from a break. DPS airport was chaotic, many many Aussies. Particularly bad week for that bloke to disrupt Bali airport and VA's operations.
Old 30th April 2014, 12:17 AM

The A380 issue has got nothing to do with unions or maintenance. A330 issue is not related at all.

Quote:
Why they haven't ask Emirates to ferry home passengers?
In most instances airlines would transfer pax to other carriers. Obviously this depends on availability of seats and other factors. Other considerations are whether they have spare a/c + crew for an adhoc charter. The costs of these type of one-off service I expect would be quite high.