Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th October 2010, 09:25 PM

Default Differences in Qantas Safety Demonstration?

On QF460 tonight, the safety demonstration was done using a recording that had the same voices as in the current video, but no video was shown on the screens, and there was no music in the background. Is this type of safety demo recording specific to the A330-300? On all 767-300, 737-800 flights I've been on with QF since the introduction of the newer demo, it's been with the video.

Also, does anyone know if the Cabin Crew on QF460 were Long Haul or Short Haul?
Old 8th October 2010, 10:35 PM

Jack, I've been a passenger on an A330 flight before where there was no video and the audio was missing the usual backing track - only the voiceover of the Captain and the female instructions.

I would guess this was because the crew used the audio-only option available on the FAP (Forward Attendant Panel - the touch screen monitor you see on the bulkhead at L1). I assume this would be because the IFE/video-tape deck or the safety demonstration tape specifically was unserviceable.

The A380 has the audio-only option available on the FAP as a backup as well, and then if that fails, it's a manual read of the demonstration performed by the CSM.