Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th November 2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Lui View Post
Not likely... Assuming no further delays, launch date is 17th January as I have been told that V Australia have already booked all pax travelling on December - January 16th on other flights.

I have bee told quietly VA want to launch Jan 17th hence not touching those bookings. I have asked to have my flight transferred, but VA have said they will launch by then.

Alex

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the info' Alex.

Most likely I will now be flying out on JAN 18, but I took up the offer to be transferred to QF flights since my initial travel dates were prior to VA's new launch date. So now I'm wondering if it's possible to change my second flight (SYD-LAX) on JAN 18 to the VA flight instead of QF (assuming seats are available)?

If that is possible, then it could be a real toss-up between flying VA and their 77W, or QF and their A380...
Old 13th December 2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
VIRGIN Blue finally has a concrete delivery date for its first V Australia jet, ensuring the new international airline flies before the end of summer.
Relieved V Australia officials will take delivery of the first seven Boeing 777-300ER aircraft on January 26.

The confirmation has allowed Australia's newest international carrier to bring forward its first commercial flight between Sydney and LA to February 26.

Protracted strikes by Boeing machinists in Seattle had forced V Australia to abandon its initial launch date of December 15, costing the firm at least $3 million.

A Virgin Blue spokeswoman said the confirmation was welcome news for the Brisbane-based company.

"Finally the news we've been waiting for. It is all systems go," she said.

The carrier is due to receive its second aircraft before the end of February and has expressed a desire to delay the delivery of the next two aircraft to give it more time to bed down its operations.

Last edited by Greg McDonald; 13th December 2008 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Incorrect aircraft type in article
Old 13th December 2008, 04:17 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg McDonald View Post
will take delivery of the first seven Boeing 777-200ER aircraft on January 26.
That would be a 777-300ER I believe.

Australia Day for first delivery of V Australia's new fleet. Nice!
Old 13th December 2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
That would be a 777-300ER I believe.
Just noticed that myself..all I did was quote the news article. Fixed now.
Old 13th December 2008, 08:41 PM

You gotta be kiddin' me!!!

All this waiting, all this excitement, all this anticipation...and the damn plane will get here just 8 days after I migrate to the States.

Ah well, good to finally hear that we have a delivery date. So now we have VH-VOZ arriving on Australia Day... gee whizz, VA/DJ's marketing department has been working overtime.

Bittersweet news for me..
Old 14th December 2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg McDonald View Post
Just noticed that myself..all I did was quote the news article. Fixed now.
I could see it wasn't you who wrote it so please don't take it to be a smarta#se comment, just a slight correction to your quote
Old 14th December 2008, 02:25 PM

No worries Mike. I never took it that way
Old 17th December 2008, 09:51 AM

Default Here we go again...

Quote:
V AUSTRALIA has fired the first shot in a new ticket war with Qantas by offering an ultra-low Melbourne-Los Angeles return fare of just $1199.
The bargain offer, which ends on December 29, undercuts by $810 the cheapest fare Qantas charged on the high-profit LA route, reports the Herald Sun.

The tickets are for economy class travel between March 1 and October 24 next year and include the cost of travel on the domestic leg between Melbourne and Sydney.

V Australia, an offshoot of domestic carrier Virgin Blue, had planned to launch this week but was forced to delay because of a long strike by airline workers in the US who were assembling its new Boeing 777 jets.

The maiden Sydney-LA flight will take off on February 27.

V Australia will begin with three direct flights a week, with a daily service from March 21 once its second 361-seat aircraft arrives from Boeing.

V Australia has ordered seven extended-range Boeing 777s, the same aircraft that Emirates uses on its Australia-Dubai route.

The V Australia planes will be configured into three classes.

Scott Swift, executive general manager of V Australia, said international business class would include flat beds and full bar service; premium economy would have wider seats with a self-service bar and food; and the economy section would have wider than normal leather seats and the latest in onboard entertainment.

A third aircraft, to be delivered in March, will operate three LA flights a week, starting on April 1 from Brisbane.

Mr Swift said V Australia would celebrate Australia Day by taking delivery on January 26 of its first aircraft.

Its silver-painted jetliners will feature a Southern Cross logo on a distinctive red tail.

Read the full report in the Herald Sun.
News.com.au

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images
Old 17th December 2008, 10:41 PM

Default Should be airborne soon...

Email I received from Matt (Paineairport.com)...

Quote:
Hi Bernard,

The V Australia 777 might fly early next week and I will have some pictures on the website. I was in the factory about two weeks ago and there was another V Australia in assembly, it was the third on the line so it might be outside in a week or so.

Thanks,

Matt
So Shameel, you had better keep an eye or two out looking!!!

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:10 PM

Default VH-VPD out on the flightline...

Look whats out on the flightline now... Not long NOW until we see one of these birds in the air!!

V-Australia VH-VPD

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images